Chapter Thirteen

"Remi!" Hana kept calling out to him, but Remi seems to be on his mission. "Stop running Rem," Hana yelled.

The distance between them increased as Hana slowed down because her legs were starting to ache, and it seemed like he was not stopping anytime soon.

After catching her breath a little, Hana started running in the direction she saw Remi sprinting. She came to a halt when she realized that Remi had run into the forest.

Hana knew the forest very well, but something about it tonight felt dubious. There was a voice inside her that was telling her to stop. And she almost agreed with that voice until she heard Remi's bark. All other thoughts faded, and she ran, following Remi's occasional bark. Hana finally caught up to Remi and saw him sitting on a rock. His back was facing Hana, and it seemed he was looking at something.

Hana snuck up to him, and before he could react, she grabbed him. Securing him in her arms, Hana scolded, What were you doing running off into the forest. You could have gotten hurt.

Remi licked her nose as an apology, making Hana giggle. "Fine, you're forgiven," She said and adjusted him in her arms. "What were you looking at before?" Hana asked as if Remi would answer. She walked towards the rock Remi was sitting and started searching for something she wasn't sure what.

While looking around, Hana saw the same brick wall that Jungkook had brought her to. She quickly connected the dots and realized that Remi was trying to lead her here. Hana cautiously walked towards the wall, Rem hot on her heels. She looked around for the lever, but Remi beat her to it as the brick wall separated in the middle.

Hana stepped back a little and let the wall open completely before walking inside cautiously. Remi ran in, wagging his tail. It seemed that he knew his way around. Hana slowly followed Remi, admiring the garden. The garden looked even more beautiful at night. The moon was the only source of light, but the colorful flowers brightened the whole place. She remembered every detail that Jungkook told her. Her lips lifted in a smile, and she touched every flower as she passed them.

Soon she came around the black rose. Her smile turned into a frown, and she sat on her knees observing it. She was about touch when Remi barked. Hana fell to the ground, startled.

"Sorry," she said to no one and stood up, dusting the dirt off her hands. "Why are we here?" she asked Remi as he would answer. Remi just turned around and starting walking. Okay then, ignore me again.

As Hana was walking, she heard water rippling. She was unfamiliar with this area- Jungkook hadn't brought her here. They had come far from the garden, and Hana was starting to get worried. She was afraid of going any further, but she didn't want to leave Remi alone. The rippling got louder, and they walked into a clearing.

Suddenly Remi ran away, and before Hana could react, she heard someone laughing. The laugh seemed familiar. "Jungkook?" she asked herself and jogged towards where she saw Remi going.

Hana was in awe by what she saw. There was a pond in the middle of nowhere surrounded by trees and flowers. It was indescribable. Absolutely breathtaking. She broke out of her trance when she heard movement.

There he was, getting destroyed by Remi. "OH my God, Rem sToP!" Jungkook yelled, squirming and laughing on the ground, and Remi licked him everywhere. Hana couldn't hold in her chuckle and laughed out loud unintentionally.

She saw Jungkook head turn, and in a blink of an eye, she had gotten pinned to a tree. Hana gasped loudly at the impact.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked her harshly. His eyes glowed blood red, and all the emotions had drained from his eyes.

"I- " All words had gotten caught in her throat. Her brain had stopped working from the sudden impact. The only thing she could focus on was Junkook's daunting expression and his bloody emotionless eyes. Although she was scared to death, Hana knew that Jungkook would never hurt her.

"Jungkook, it's me," she whispered. But it seemed it did not affect Jungkook. He was looking at her as if he had forgotten who she was.

She tried to move, but it was like her body was paralyzed. Gathering all her courage, she raised her arm slowly. Hana settled her hand on Jungkook's face and moved her thumb up and down. "It's me," she repeated, not breaking their eye contact.

Jungkooks eye softened immediately. Hana, he breathed, "oh my god, I am so sorry," he backed away.

Hana's hand fell to her side, and she chuckled as she rested her head on the tree. "What just happened?" She asked through her laugh.

All emotions were rushing. Hana didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"I am so sorry," Jungkook apologized again, "I dont know what came over me," he looked down at his hands.

From the corner of her eye, she could see Remi crouching, his tail between his legs. Even he was afraid of him.

"What are you?" she said out of nowhere.

"What?" Jungkook asked, not sure if he heard her correctly.

"You are obviously not human," She lifted her head from the tree and looked him dead in the eye. Jungkook bloody eyes were long gone and replaced with the usual doe eyes.

"Dont try to turn this around," Hana took a step towards him. "Be honest," she demanded. "Because I know for a fact that humans dont change their eye color." She was so close to jungkook now that their breaths mingled.

"Hana, this is something beyond anything you could even imagine," He said firmly, "You cannot know this. I have to protect you." Jungkook stepped away even though every single cell in his body was against it.

"I think you're a little late for that," She stated, "Jungkook, I know that I should'nt be getting involved in this... with you," Hana's voice was getting louder. "I know I should've turned around and walked away as soon as I saw that wall," She yelled, frustrated. "Because everything about you feels wrong, dangerous, that I should keep my distance. But why do I keep coming towards you? What are you to me?" She pushed his chest, "Why do I feel this need to be around you all the time? Why do I feel the need to protect you? When I could be the one in danger! TELL ME!" Hana was crying by the time she finished.

"Hana," Jungkook said softly, pulling her towards him. He didn't know how to answer all those questions. He knew this day would come, but never had he imagined this soon.

Hana let her head fall to his chest in defeat. She felt like all the energy had drained from her body. She wanted to push him away and ran back home, but something was stopping. Her body was refusing to move.

"No, NO!" She stepped away from him, using her arm to keep the distance between them. "I need answers. I won't leave without them. I dont care if I die or whatever." She said firmly, "You are going to tell me everything."

Jungkook sighed, lowering his head in defeat. "Hana," he breathed, taking a step towards her, but halted when Hana kept her arm up firmly.

"Do not come near me until I know everything, " She stated.

Jungkook sighed once again, knowing that there is no way out of this. The damned destiny came knocking on his door, and it will only rest when it has fucked everyone up.

"Fine, I will tell you everything," Jungkook gave in.