Chapter Twelve

It had gotten late, so Jungkook offered Hana to stay the night. Hana was hesitant, but the medication was starting to hit, and she was feeling drowsy. Hana accepted Jungkook's offer gratefully and called Mrs. Wang before going to kitchen as Jin had invited her to dine with them.

Mrs. Wang was abundantly verbal about her concerns about Hana staying the night at a stranger's house. But after talking to Jin and Jungkook, she calmed down a little. They had a way with words, that's all to it.

"I hope you'll like my cooking," Jin said as he placed the dish in front of Hana.

"This looks delicious, thank you," she dug into it right after. Jin had whipped up something quickly with the brief time he had. He decided on some pasta. In his opinion, pasta was always the way to go. Safe and delicious.

Jungkook and Jin started right after her, and Remi was lying beside Hana's chair. Remi usually laid beside Jungkook, but this betrayal didn't come as a shock to Jungkook.

He was quickly coming to realize that maybe Hana belonged here, with him. The more time they spend together, the closer they get. Them getting involved with each was starting to become inevitable.

But at the same time, Jungkook felt uneasy. Because Hana coming here and entering into their life so smoothly meant that soon Jungkook had to make a decision quickly. A decision he had been dreading to make.

"So Hana," Jin started and immediately got a glare from Jungkook. Jungkook knew how blunt Jin was. He doesn't think twice before saying something. His engaging in a conversation with Hana could end up going south.

Jin closed his eyes slightly, telling Jungkook to calm down. "Hana, what brings you here?" He asked.

"I thought Jungkook must've told you," she looked over to Jungkook, and Jungkook shrugged.

"No, no, I know why you're here," he emphasized here and tapped the table. "What brings you to Busan?" He reassembled his question.

"Ahh," Hana says in understanding, "We have a family farmhouse here. I just wanted some time to myself. Just needed to clear my thoughts. I'll be moving abroad very soon." she explained.

Both Jungkook and Jin seemed distressed by the information. Hana was quick to pick up the sudden change in atmosphere. It was as if the entire situation made a one-eighty degree turn.

"Did I say something wrong?" She asked, putting her fork down, and gave the boys a questioning look.

Jin was first to speak, "Uh, no, no," he hesitated. "What are you going to do abroad?" Jin laughed awkwardly, "Korea has everything, right Jungkook?" Jin nudged Jungkook, who seemed lost in his thoughts.

Jungkook widened his eyes, looking at Jin, "What?" he asked. Jin nodded towards Hana, and Jungkook quickly answered. "Yeah, definately," he looked down.

"Please continue," Jin reminded Hana, but she seemed to have other interests. Jin followed her gaze, and she was staring at Jungkook. Jin sighed and decided it was best to stay quiet. Everyone was deadly silent after the brief conversation.

Hana lost her apetite. She felt as if she ruined the mood. Maybe she shared more than she should have. She barely knew them, but it felt as if they had a centuries-old connection. Not only with Jungkook but with Jin also. It didn't feel awkward sitting between them. And seeing Jungkook so quiet- she didn't want to admit- it hurt her.

"Umm, can I be excused?" Hana asked politely. "I feel a bit dizzy," she added.

"Sure," Jin stood up after Hana, "I'll show you to your room," He started walking towards the staircase.

Hana glanced at Jungkook one more time before following Jin. Jungkook did not even noticed them going. She honestly wanted to stay back and ask him if something was bothering him. There was this undeniable relevance that pulled her to him, and it confused her more than anything.

"Here you are," Jin opened a door and let Hana walk in.

She smiled at Jin before walking in. Jin followed suit. It was a different room than the one she woke up in, it was smaller, and there was no balcony. The walls were plain white, and everything seemed like it was supposed to be in a hotel. There was nothing extra than necessary.

A typical guest room.

"Thank you," she said softly through her smile.

"If you need anything, come and find me. I will be right across the hall," Jin smiled before walking out and closing the door behind him.

Hana lay down on the bed. Her brain seemed to be falling prey to the medicine because her usually crowded mind was empty. Hana didn't try to fight the drug that was consuming her. She felt numb. And soon, she passed out.

Sometime during the night, Hana woke up to scratching sounds. She lazily opened her eyes and tried searching her phone. Remembering she left her phone downstairs in the kitchen, she sat up on the bed, looking around. The scratching sped up, and some whining sounds followed.  Hana realized that it must be Remi on the door wanting to come in. She quickly got up and opened the door.

"Hey baby boy," she greeted Remi, leaning down to pet him. "Do you want to come in?" she asked as she started to walk towards the bed, thinking that Remi would follow her. But as she sat down on the bed, she noticed that Remi was nowhere. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and walked out the door to see where he had gone.

Hana saw Remi running downstairs, and she wasted no time following him. She kept calling him, but he didn't respond. Instead, he kept running.

Finally, Remi came to a stop in front of the window. Hana stopped a few inches away and tried calling him softly, "come here boy." she patted her knees, encouraging him to follow her instructions.

Remi looked at the window and then at Hana. He let out a small bark before jumping out the window. Hana gasped as she looked at Remi down the road.

"Shit," she cursed and didn't think twice before running out of the house and after Remi.

She didn't even notice how late and dark it was. The only thing that kept looping in her mind was that the little pup might be in danger.