Chapter Eleven

"OH MY GOD! Jungkook! What is that?" Hana screamed, standing up and stumbling backward after she saw Remi.

A thought came across Hana's mind that her reaction was unnecessary since she was a vet. And she specializes in exotic animals, so this shouldn't have scared her as much as it did. But all thoughts went out the window when she saw Remi shrinking into a pup.

The poor girl almost fainted, and Jungkook almost laughed at her reaction. "Jungkook!? What the hell is this? Some illusion? Am I trippin? I did hurt my head," Hana stumbled out all the questions as she clung to the railing.

"Oh no..." Jungkook mumbled as he realized that he had to explain this situation to Hana now.

"Jungkook!" Hana yelped when Remi came near her. The pup whined at her reaction. He only wanted attention. Hana groaned as she grabbed Jungkooks arm tightly. "Jungkook, what is going on?" She cried.

Jungkook had no way out of this situation. "Okay, so funny story." He started after he chuckled nervously. "Remi is a wolf," he declared.

"No shit! She cried," still clutching his arm. "I can see that. Why is it shape-shifting?" She asked.

Jungkook sighed frustratingly and gave Remi a deadly glare for not being patient and coming up here without permission. He partially blamed himself as well. Jungkook spoiled Remi too much.

"First, come here," Jungkook grabbed her arm and pulled her forward in front of himself. "He's not dangerous. Quite friendly if you ask me." Jungkook looked at Remi and then at Hana. "Second, he's not shape-shifting. He can change his size?" It felt weird to Jungkook. He never had to explain this to anyone. Now, saying it out loud that his wolf can change in size and strength felt awkward.

"Change in size? Are you kidding me?" She asked, and she looked behind at the wolf who was wagging his tail. Hana scoffed at the happy wolf and turned back to Jungkook for an explanation.

"No, I'm not?" Jungkook awkwardly grinned.

"I don't believe you. I won't." Hana turned her back to him, facing Remi. "He's just an ordinary puppy, and you are just making fun of me. It's because I hit my head, right?" Her brain was trying to make this entire situation somehow make sense.

Jungkook lowered his head in defeat and sighed. "I am not lying, Hana. I know it's hard to believe, but--- yes, yes I was lying." An idea popped in Jungkook's head. If Hana was so sure that Rem is just an ordinary puppy, who's he to change her thoughts? He can easily walk out of this situation without having to tell her the secret. "I know, I know, I am a jerk for doing this. But it was just a reflex?"

"I just got injured and almost raped?" She turned back to Jungkook and glared at him. "That was so mean, Jungkook! For a second, I almost believed you!" She scolded.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry," he apologized. "But are you okay? Let me see your head," He pulled her closer by her shoulders and grabbed her head to check for injuries. There were none. Jungkook huffed in relief that Jin healed her.

'He must've contacted Hobi Hyung.' Jungkook thought as he kept looking for another injury.

Hana was frozen still. She didn't know what to do. Her heart was beating uncontrollably, and Hana almost stopped breathing for a second when Jungkook grabbed her. Her body always reacted like this when she was around Jungkook. And it confused her as to why that was happening. Sure he's an attractive guy, but she just got out of a relationship. If anything, she should be despise being in the presence of men. Instead, her body does the exact opposite.

Human anatomy and physiology are so confusing. This world is confusing.

"You're good, thank God," Jungkook said as he backed off, and Hana released the breath she was holding. "Does it hurt somewhere?" Jungkook asked.

"No, Jungkook, I am fine. Just relax okay?" Hana said to him reassuringly, but he still seemed anxious. "So is he friendly?" Hana asked to distract Jungkook.

"Hmm? Oh yeah. He's very gentle, sometimes," Jungkook mumbled the last word.

"Can I pet him?" Hana asked as she neared Remi and his tail immediately started wagging in excitement.

"Sure, he loves attention," Jungkook scoffed.

"Hey baby," Hana said softly, "how are you?" She sat down beside him. Remi scooted closer to her and plopped into her lap. Hana chuckled as she started ruffling his fur. "You are adorable. I am so sorry. I must've startled you," she said in a baby voice.

Jungkook felt jealous watching his pet wolf getting all the attention. He childishly showed the wolf his tongue and wanted to divert Hana's attention to him.  "I think I heard Jin Hyung calling, come on, let's go downstairs," Jungkook said.

Hana looked up at Jungkook, "Okay," Hana stood up with Remi in her arms and started following Jungkook. "By the way, what's his name?" She asked.

"Remi," Jungkook answered.

"Remi?" Hana mumbled, "that is adorable," she said excitedly.

Jungkook smiled, "Glad you like it."

"How old is he?" Hana pushed his chin down to check his teeth, "hmm? About two months?" Hana answered for Jungkook.

"Yeah, I think so," Jungkook said nervously. How was he going to tell Hana that Remi is probably older than her? 

"How did you find him?" She asked as they reached downstairs.

"I found him in the forest. He was alone and scared. He attacked me as soon as he saw me," Jungkook chuckled. Little brat, "I saved his life. We've been best friends since then."

"Was he injured when you found him?" Hana asked. Jungkook turned around to look at Hana. She was holding Remi's injured leg. 

"Ah, that? No, He fell down the stairs a week ago," Jungkook lied.

"You should take him to a vet," Hana said, concerned about the little pup.

"I did," Jungkook lied again.

"Really?" Hana was confused, "This bandage doesn't look professional."

Jungkook gulped nervously, "How would I know? I did what I had to."

Hana shrugged, "I guess you're right. Sorry, I asked all those questions. I couldn't help it. I love animals."

"It's alright, you can ask me anything," Jungkook said softly.

And something flipped inside Hana's chest.