Chapter Four

"Tada!" Jungkook said excitedly with his hands jazzing in the air.

"Umm, Jeon? What am I looking at again?" Hana asked as she stared at a blank brick wall.

"Huh? Oh shit! Wait a second," Jungkook reached behind Hana's back and pulled a lever. "Okay, again! Tada!" He repeated the action he was doing before.

The blank brick wall split into two and opened a secret passage. Hana was shocked to see this. By now, Hana's anger was long gone, but she was curious about Jungkook's hideout. And she wasn't disappointed.

"Where does this lead?" She asked.

"Come, I'll show you," Jungkook grabbed Hana's hand again and led her through the passageway.

Hana saw a bright light at the end of the passageway and had to cover her eyes because of sudden brightness when they passed through it. When her sight came back, she was standing in the most beautiful garden she had ever seen.

"Am I in heaven?" She blurted out, "Did I die? Where am I? Jeon, what did you do?!"

"Calm down Hana," Jungkook grabbed her shoulders and shook her. "You're not dead!"

"I know, you idiot," she pushed his hands away,  "what is this place?" She asked as she started wandering around the garden.

"My hideout," Jungkook said with excitement. "Every time I feel like I don't belong in the world, I come here. And you know what? I plant a flower every time I get that feeling," Jungkook said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. Jungkook had never told that to anyone before. The words just slipped his mouth, and he couldn't stop them.

It was like someone poked Hana's heart with a needle. The garden was overflowing with all kinds of flowers. And if what Jungkook is saying was true. Then how much did this boy go through to feel like he doesn't belong in this world? If anything, the world needs him more than he needs the world.

Something was urging Hana to walk up to him and comfort him. But at the time, she was at no place to do so. She barely knew him. However, she was sure of one thing, that she wanted to get to know him better.

"I'm sorry, Jungkook," she said despite knowing that this will not help him in any way, but she hoped her words would console him.

"There is nothing to be sorry about," Jungkook said with a smile, "I chose to live this way," He lied. Jungkook wasn't living this life of his will.

"Jungkook," Hana started but was interuppted by him.

"Come, I'll show you something." Jungkook started walking, making Hana stumble a bit when he passed by.

She wanted to make him feel better about himself. Hana had no clue as to why she was getting all these mixed emotions. Unconsciously she started walking behind him. She almost bumped into his back when he stopped. Hana's thoughts consumed her.

"Oh, sorry," she said unconsciously.

"It's okay," Jungkook said softly, "here, look," Jungkook said as his arm inattentively went to her waist. Hana didn't notice either. She got busy gazing at the flowers.

Unlike the other well-maintained patches of flower, this one had all sorts of flowers. Hana couldn't take her eyes of the black rose that stood out the most among all the others. There has to be a meaning behind this, Hana thought.

"This is a mess," Jungkook chuckled, but this is my favorite patch. Jungkook's hand was still around her waist, and he hadn't noticed.

"What do they mean?" Hana asked as she leaned down to touch the flower petals she didn't know the name.

Jungkook's hand slipped from her waist, and he turned red when he finally noticed. "Idiot," he slapped his forehead as he mumbled to himself.

"Hmm?" Hana mumbled, "I didn't hear you."

"Oh, I said it would get boring if I explained every single flower here," he said as he sat down beside her.

"It won't, trust me," Hana reassured.

Jungkook's heart thumped, and he struggled to make words. "O-okay then, you asked for it. See the little yellow flowers?" Hana nodded her head at his question, "they are daffodils. They represent rebirth and new beginnings. Are you sure you want to hear the rest of it? It'll take really long," he exaggerated really.

"Just carry on Jeon," Hana nudged Jungkook.

"Fine, okay, so, see the big flower with many petals?" He asked as he pointed at it, "that is a chrysanthemum. Generally, it represents life and sympathy. But different colors have a different meaning. For example, the red one represents love. Yellow represents neglected love ane white represents loyalty and devotion."

"Interesting," Hana mumbled, "what does that one mean?" She pointed at a purple flower.

"That is aconite, also known as wolf's bane." Jungkook told.

"Oh, I've heard of it! It gets mentioned a lot in dramas too,"  She said excitedly, "what does it mean?"

"Aconite represents hatred or be cautious. It doesn't have a lovely meaning, not all flowers do," Jungkook said sadly, "that is why there's only two of it in there."

Hana wanted to ask why but she stopped herself. There was something more to it, but Jungkook would have told her if he wanted to.

"Okay, that one," she pointed at a pretty pink flower.

"That's my favorite," Jungkook smiled, "it is called begonia. They symbolizes deep thinking. Oh, see that one?" Jungkook asked as he pointed at a yellow flower.

"The yellow flower?" Hana asked.

Jungkook nodded. "That's carnation. They are very confusing. Carnation either represents love or rejection. It can also symbolize deep grief or a love that couldn't be shared."

"Oh wow." Hana was speechless, but she was having fun. Who knew flowers could be so interesting?

"Okay, now look at the small pink flowers with big leaves," Jungkook pointed at them, "those are cyclamen. They symbolize separation. I planted them- nevermind," Jungkook's eyes were saddened, but he regained himself.

"Oh, isn't that petunia?" Hana tried to change the topic.

"That's right. They represent resentment." Jungkook informed.

"Really? But it's such a pretty flower," Hana pouted. "Okay, last one, the black rose. I've been dying to ask about it."

"It represents death and rebirth," Jungkook said as he stared at it. "They are very rare to find and usually are made by artificial methods. But this one is real."

"Why is there only one of it?" Hana asked

"Because it represents a person as well," Jungkook said, his voice deeper than usual.

"Who?" Hana was almost scared, but the curiosity got the best of her.

"I," Jungkook said as he looked her dead in the eye.