Chapter Eight

"You broke it?" Hana asked with humor. "Is it some toy that you just broke?" By now, Hana got pissed off, she didn't know why, but she felt frustrated.

Nothing seemed to go her way. And she hated when she couldn't control things.

Jungkook remained silent. He had nothing to say, and he wasn't exactly talented in lying. So it was better to stay quiet than say anything that might make the situation worse.

"Well? How did you break it?" Hana asked, resting her head on her hand, her elbow propped up.

"I got into a fight?" Jungkook barely whispered.

Me. Choi and Taehyung look at each other, trying to control their laughter. They had no idea that Hana had this effect on him. The big bad wolf got tamed by a girl.

"It's going to be fun teasing him later," Taehyung whispered to Mr. Choi, to which he just nodded and smiled.

"Why does it sound like you're confused yourself?" Hana stood up and walked towards him. Jungkook's eyes widened as she neared, his heart about to jump out. He cursed himself internally for behaving this way.

"I-I don't know," He stumbled on words and closed his eyes as Hana stood just an inch away from him.

Hana suddenly backed up and walked away, saying, "I have no right to butt in your personal life. Sorry I crossed the line."

Jungkook let out the breath that he was holding in and looked back at Hana leaving the library. He thanked the lords that protected him because he was about to lose his mind.

Mr. Choi and Taehyung, on the other hand, burst out laughing as soon as Hana was out of sight.

"Guys, this is not funny," Jungkook said through his teeth and glared at them.

"Pretty funny for us," Mr. Choi said as he laughed.

"Exactly, I've never seen you so nervous," Taehyung commented, and Mr. Choi gave him a high-five.

"You guys are acting like children," Jungkook rolled his eyes, "please grow up!" And he stormed out of the library.

After he was gone, they both became grim. "We need to handle this," Taehyung said, "I don't want her to get hurt again."

"Don't worry," Mr. Choi stated as he stared out the window, "I am sure he won't repeat the same mistake. I only feel happy for him, he can finally be himself again," Mr. Choi smiled, and Taehyung agreed.

"I know, I feel the same," Taehyung rubbed his face, "but I can not help but worry, she's my little sister."

"Relax, Tae. Leave it to them," Mr. Choi reassured, "They'll protect each other."

Taehyung knew that, but he still felt anxious. His little sister might get hurt again, and he didn't want to risk her life for the sake of someone else. He knew that he was hopeless in this matter and had to sit back and let things flow. Taehyung hated being this defenseless. He felt useless despite having everything to protect his sister.

Taehyung sighed, shaking his head. He had a feeling that history will repeat itself, but he hoped that the consequences would not.

jungkook walked out of the library heated up. Like Hana, he had a rough night as well. First, he got scolded by his father for no reason. Second, his pet wolf ran off somewhere. And Jungkook always panicked when Remy went missing.

"Why am I wearing this stupid thing?" Jugnkook said irritably and ripped the cast off his leg. His leg did break due to last night's events, but it had completely healed by the morning. "Jin Hyung overreacted for no reason," he clicked his tongue and kicked the cast. "Now to find Rem, he must be injured." Jungkook shoved his hand into his pocket and made his way towards the forest.