Chapter Ten

"Jungkook, are you out of your mind?" Jin scolded as soon as Jungkook stepped inside the house.

"What did I do?" Jungkook asked innocently.

"Why is there a mortal girl in my bedroom? Unconscious? And why did Remi bring her? Where were you?" Jin's voice was getting higher with each question. Jungkook winced at how he had to answer all the questions, and there was no way out.

Jungkook glanced at the couch only to see Remi resting peacefully in his original size. The little pup didn't even come to greet his owner. Guess he's already had his share of scolding. No wonder he's changed back to his original state. He never does that.

'Geez, Jin Hyung scared the little wolf,' Jungkook thought and almost laughed out loud.

"I am waiting for an answer," Jin said as he tapped his feet restlessly. Being the eldest in the group, he has to take care of the other boys. Jin has to keep them under check. And if he lets a little mistake pass by, he has to be the one to pay for it.

Jungkook bringing home a mortal girl is already trouble enough that she had to be injured. Jin was getting anxious. He had no idea how he was going to handle this situation. If Jungkook's father got to know this and Jin didn't have a good enough explanation, he would surely get in trouble.

"Jungkook, I need an answer!" Jin yelled, running out of patience.

"Okay! Okay! Relax, I'll tell you," Jungkook said as he moved towards the kitchen. He opened the fridge and took out a juice box. Digging his fangs into it, he sucked and drank, completely ignoring restless Jin. "Rem found her," he stated, "So I just helped her. She was about to get rapped by some sick drunken bastards." He looked at Jin, "You know I can't ignore situations like this."

Jin sighed, "Do you know her?" He asked.

Jungkook nodded, "She's Mr. Choi's... friend's daughter. They're very close." He told. "All more reason to help her. I couldn't just leave someone so dear to Mr. Choi."

"What did you do with them?" Jin asked.

"Is she okay?" Jungkook asked in return.

"Answer me first," Jin argued.

"Jin Hyung, is she okay?" Jungkook asked again. There was eagerness in his voice. Jin couldn't ignore it.

"Yes, she is fine. Resting, for now," Jin sighed.

Jungkook breathed in relief and visibly relaxed. "I just scared them a little," He answered Jin's question.  "I didn't even touch them. They passed out after I showed them my fangs."

"Are you sure that's all you did?" Jin asked, giving Jungkook a suspicious look.

Jungkook quickly lowered his head after making eye contact with him. "Trust me, Hyung. I couldn't hurt them even if I wanted to."

Jin's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "Why would you want to hurt them?" He sat down on one of the bar stools. Propping his elbows on the counter, he said, "She's not someone important, is she?"

"Jin Hyung," Jungkook looked defeated. And voice lost all power. It only made Jin more worried. "It's her," he looked up, right into Jin's eyes, trying to convey a message that words couldn't. He knew Jin would understand.

Jin's eyes widened in shock. "Are you sure?" He asked hurriedly.

"Yes," that's the only thing Jungkook said. It
was enough to give Jin chills.

Jin lowered his head into his hands. "This is bad. Really bad. Jungkook," he raised his head, "do you know what this means?"

"I know," Jungkook sighed. "The curse," He sighed again. "Jin Hyung, this is all so frightening. But I won't lose her this time, even if I have to against my father. Curse or no curse, she won't sacrifice herself again." Jungkook sounded so sure it made Jin proud. But at the same time, he was worried to the core. If this all goes wrong, he won't be able to see Jungkook go through his dark phase again.

"I hope you know I am always on your side," Jin assured Jungkook.

Jungkook nodded and smiled at him, "I know, Jin Hyung. I know I can always count on you. That's why I send her to you, not anyone else."

They both went silent after that. Jin and Jungkook were comfortable in the silence and relished it, knowing that this peace might not hold soon. It could be distracting even if there is no sound or movement. They could feel it even now, the tension and horror that was about to arrive soon.

"Can I see her?" Jungkook said as he walked around the counter towards the stairs.

*Yes, but I think you'll have a lot to explain," Jin said as she stood up from the stool.

"I was hoping to keep her away from all of this. For as long I could," Jungkook said hopefully.

"I hope for that too. But in this case, it's better if Hana knows." Jin edified. "Just don't take too long to tell her, okay?" He said calmly.

Jungkook nodded and made his way to Jin's room. He felt relieved that Jin was the first one to know. He knew he could rely on his brother. Jin was always calm and collected, and that's what Jungkook liked about him. He sometimes can be a little crazy, a selfish child. But he never backs away from his duties and responsibilities. Jin is the kind of person you can trust blindly.

Jungkook entered the room without knocking.   Thinking that Hana might still be asleep, he didn't want to disturb her. Jungkook silently walked inside only to see an empty bed. For a second, panic started to rush in, but as his eyes searched the room, he saw her sitting on the balcony. Jungkook breathed loudly and patted his chest to calm himself as he walked towards her.

"I thought left. You scared me for a second," Jungkook sat down beside her and smiled at her.

Hana returned his smile, "Sorry and thank you. I don't know what I could've done," she said, not even glancing at Jungkook.

"It's alright. You're okay now. You're safe," Jungkook reassured.

"It's a splendid view from up here. What is this place?" Hana asked.

"It's my brother's apartment," Jungkook informed, "he has a thing for lavish things," He chuckled, making Hana giggle as well.

"Aren't you going to ask any more questions?" Jungkook asked, looking at her curiously.

"I want to," Hana started, "but I don't wanna know the answers to them," she shrugged. "It's better if I keep them to myself."

"Oh, okay... whatever suits you," Jungkook mumbled.

Just then, Jungkook heard Remi coming upstairs. For a moment, he forgot that Rem was a wolf, and Hana didn't know that. He completely forgot how she might react to a full-grown wolf. But he got a reality check very quickly.

Guess he has to tell her his secret now, after all.