chapter : 13 (red moon)

On the day before apocalypse Lui Haihan locked all doors and windows of his house. His family looked amused at his actions. After dinner he placed his daughter on his lap and started talking.

"what I am going to say may be unbelievable but just trust me". Looking at them as they nod he continued. "I has been having strange dreams about the arrival of apocalypse, at first even I didn't believe it and thought it as nonsense until I have developed a strange lightning ability".

He outstretched his palm and hits the vase with his lightening as it turns to dust. Seeing the surprised faces of his family and the awed expression of his daughter, he became satisfied. He wanted them to believe he can keep them safe, whatever the situation it is. His ability already reached peak of level 1 and he may break into level 2 anytime soon.

"Then I started collecting lot of supplies. This is the reason why I brought us to capital as I believe it to be safe hear. This night is when the start of apocalypse hits earth. From now on this is not the earth we know. Every ones goal from now is solely to continue to live".

Though he may sound harsh what he said is truth. No one know how death may come. He may have lot of power but he cannot bring dead back to life, he only wishes to keep his family safe from all the dangers.

His has lived through two years of apocalypse and has heard stories of lot people. Some stories of betrayals, some tragic love stories, some miraculous moments where family found their loved ones, a lot about death of people. As time passed by death became a common thing seen everyday.

Death is such a fleeting thing, doesn't know when it came but sure to leave a very painful memories for the loved ones as they continue living in this awful world.

Maybe this selfish reason of his, afraid of loneliness add to his love for his family making him determined to keep them safe at all cost. When he came back to his life the first thing that hits him is safety of his family not about revenge.

Surely he wants to get back at what they have done in his pastlife but he cannot go against his consciousness when they have done nothing for now. Though he may appear strong and bold he is literally a coward, he is afraid to loose his family once again, that's why he ran off to capital.

After soothing everyone, he answered some of their questions and chased them to sleep. He told them to lock their doors. He took both his wife and daughter to his bedroom. Locking his door he placed his exhausted daughter who is close to sleep on bed.

Seeing the worried look on his wife he comforted her by patting her back to sleep. After they both slept he looked outside through the window. Looking at the orange shade of moon he sighed.

Now he know the end of world is coming for sure. Unlike in novels apocalypse doesn't happen on a single day and turn most humans into zombies. He remembers this particular day in his pastlife very well.

The moon turn from orange shade to blood red by midnight with a slight drizzle. Almost all humans felt fever in various degrees. Most people didn't take it serious. Posts about photos of blood moon and end of world started circulating but there has been no official statement from government.

Though puzzled by the natural events that occurred everyone continued their daily life the next day. What could everyone do when they don't know what the hell is happening. Slowly some people started turning into zombies.

Their skin started becoming dry and lost luster, hair started becoming brittle and their muscles become stiff. This whole process of zombification took at least 2 days after apocalypse night.

What could government do when even they didn't know what's happening. They started broadcasting to stay put at home and about some random healthcare nonsense. Even some simple pandemic like cholera could claim a lot of lifes, how could the merciless end virus can be simple as to prevent by staying at home.

People started buying food like crazy until stocks are completed. They didn't immediately start violence as law is still present at the early start of apocalypse. In his past life he has been unconscious for about 3 days from the day of blood moon thus missing the best period to save his family.

Everywhere became chaotic, living people became locked up in their houses waiting for government and military to take actions. Alas what can military do when even they became effected. People started developing abilities. Military quickly eliminated infected among them and started building a safe base.

Those far away from bases has to pass through the dead people to arrive at base hanging them between life and death. Living humans became collective to eliminate the corpses and built a new human civilization, sharing works between them.

Though there may be superficial positively spread for new hope of survival, underneath lies the struggle for power and control. In his past life Gu Cheng became a superficial leader of S city base. In shadows it is controlled by Bai Lian. Even to now he cannot understand why the ruthless Gu Cheng has become like a fool before someone like Bai Lian.

He had come to capital thus he won't encounter those people for now. The sense of having a hidden enemy made him uncomfortable. He hope Lin Feng has prepared properly and can face these people. He didn't want to take care of these matters directly and putting himself at risk.