- Chapter twenty -

Note: Thank you for having so much patience with me

Note: Thank you for having so much patience with me. Even with COVID and lockdowns I still have to work. I am also managing a fan account which takes a lot of time, so, please have some understanding. I really enjoy writing and try my best to upload a new chapter as soon as possible. Next will be a new chapter to "Dumbledore's Daughter".

xx Mandy

Follow me on Instagram for daily photos of Maggie Smith: maggiesmithdaily

--------------------///--------------------

Patricia:

"Albus, why you didn't tell me that tomorrow is the Ministry's Ball?" I walk to our bedroom where my husband is choosing something to wear for tomorrow's event.

"I am sorry, Patricia. I must have forgotten. But surely you will accompany me to the ball, right?" He said with his back still turned to our closet.

"Are you sure you want me to accompany you and not Minerva? It seems to me you two are getting along quite well lately," I try not to sound jealous but I cannot help it. Even though I know deep down that Albus and Minerva are soulmates, I do love my husband. It hurts to see them touching each other so tenderly during meetings and so on, but I have to calm down and tell myself that I am the one who is married to him and not Minerva.

"Minerva will come as my deputy headmistress," he said,

Before I could say anything there was a knock at the door. Albus hang his dress robe back into the closet and hurried to open the door while I follow him to see who was on the other side.

To my surprise, it was Minerva who came through the doorframe. Now, I am curious why she's here.

"Good evening, Albus" she greets my husband, smiling at him sweetly, and then she turns to me and greets me, "Good evening, Patricia. I didn't know you are back."

"My, you have gotten bigger," I told her as I make my way to touch her belly. "How is my baby doing?"

"She is doing just fine," Minerva answered,

"She is quite active,"

"And what do we owe a late-night visit from you?" I ask her,

I can hear Albus's footsteps from behind me as he walks to stand beside Minerva. He gives her a warm smile which she returns. He rubs her protruding stomach, just before Minerva puts her hands on top of his. I could have sworn that their hands were glowing for a few seconds. But then I clear my throat, what were they thinking doing this in front of me.

Minerva turns her head to me,

"Sorry, Patricia, what did you say?"

"What brings you here?"

"Oh- I just came to say thank you for the ball gown," She says, turning her head towards my husband.

Albus caress her cheek gently with his right hand. She leans into his touch before looking down at her hands, which were resting on her abdomen.

Both of them didn't acknowledge my presence for those few minutes. Before Albus could say something Minerva interrupt and bid us goodnight. I walk across to where my husband is standing and reach out for his hands but he turns himself and walks to our bed.

Later that night, I was woken up by the cold feel of my husband's side of the bed. It was empty... And deep down I know where he must've been gone.

- to be continued -