- Chapter twenty-four -

Follow me on Instagram : maggiesmithdaily

Enjoy this new chapter!

Albus was released from St.Mungo's a few days after. But he hadn't seen Minerva ever since, because she was busy with Hogwarts business, as his Deputy Headmistress Minerva has to take over the school during his absence.

One night Albus was laying in his bed and suddenly awoke when he felt something on his neck. He reached back to take hold of it and grabbed Minerva's hand. Albus quickly turned around in his bed and came face to face with Minerva.

"Minerva?"

"Albus," she whispered.

Albus ran his fingers along her forehead. He thought he would never see those green eyes again. She looked so beautiful.

"Minerva..."

"Albus... I have been so worried."

"I am here now, Tabby. I could not leave you."

Albus leaned over and kissed Minerva gently. "I love you, Minerva." He carefully pulled her into his arms and held her close to him.

Minerva ran her fingers through Albus's hair.

She tilted her head slightly so she could kiss Albus again and sighed into his mouth as his hands sat on her lower back. "I love you too, Albus."

Just as the stars began to go out and birds began to sing, Albus and Minerva joined for the first time since his return from St.Mungos in a beautiful display of their love fulfilled.

Albus was the first to wake up the next morning. He disentangled himself from Minerva carefully not to wake his love, Albus lowered his head to her obviously pregnant belly and plant kisses where their baby is. He let out chuckled when he felt his daughter's kicking in response, which also woke Minerva up.

"She has been pretty active lately," Minerva said sat up, and rest herself against the headboard. Albus leaned in and gave her a light kiss on her lips and said,

"Our daughter will definitely take after her beautiful mother. I have no doubts that she will be sorted into Gryffindor and become a Quidditch captain and an excellent dueler. Oh, and don't forget that she'll become an animagus one day -"

He was cut mid-sentence when Minerva put her fingers on his mouth to stop him before he goes any further and make their daughter become the next minister of magic.

"Why don't you keep our daughter's career plan for another time, darling." She smiled sweetly before got out of his bed and head for the bathroom. But before she walked through the door, Minerva turned her head to her lover,

"Care to join me for a long bath?"

- to be continued -