- Chapter twenty-two -

Note: Thank you for reading my stories

Note: Thank you for reading my stories. I'm so glad that you enjoy reading them. Since there are so many things going on in my personal life, I, therefore, have very little free time. Please try to understand that writing is only a hobby. I have a full-time job and Instagram accounts to manage. It's a huge responsibility. I try my best to update my stories asap, it's just that I have a life outside social media too :)

xx, Mandy

Follow me on Instagram: maggiesmithdaily

Minerva:

"But Albus, what will people say upon seeing you arriving with a obviously pregnant woman that is not your wife?" I ask him, as we walk to the front entrance of the ballroom arm in arm. All eyes are on us, and every now and then we would stop for the press to take some photos of the two of us. It feels like going to those huge muggle celebrity events, what was it called again? - a gala?

Before entering the ballroom we stop and pose for the camera one last time, but only this time Albus let go of my arm and place his hand on my lower back as I caress my belly. I can feel him leaning close to my ear and whisper "If it makes all those wizards keeping their hands to themselves, then I don't care what other people are going to say about me," before kissing my cheeks. I just hope the camera doesn't catch that moment or the rosy blush that has formed upon my cheeks.

The evening was not that bad as I thought.  In fact I quite enjoyed it, for Albus has never left my side and we danced with each other to almost every song. But at some point my back and my feet protested, in addition to that I felt the baby's kicking, forcing me to take a break from dancing.

"Maybe we should go back to our table, my dear," Albus said as he reaches for my hand and escorts me to our table. Upon reaching our table he pulls out a chair for me to sit down, I look up at him before I can say anything Albus gave me a sweet kiss on the lips.

"Albus, we shouldn't be kissing like this in public," Even though I enjoy his kisses and all his attention, I hate to be the topic of gossip.

"But I simply can't keep my hands and lips off of you, my darling," He whispered into my ears, which makes me shiver. I look down at my hands to hide my blushing.

However the kicking doesn't stop, and truth to be told, I'm not feeling well either. Albus has noticed my sudden sick expression on my face. He immediately kneeled down in front of me and asked me if everything was okay.

"I don't know, but I suddenly don't feel quite well," I told him,

"Shall we return home, darling?"

I could only nod my head in response. Albus stood up and offered me his arm, which I took and so we left the ball.

-

Albus brought us back to his rooms and insists that I should stay with him tonight. He transfigured one of his nightrobes into a nightgown for me, which wasn't exactly what I would've normally worn. I took the nightgown from his hand and have to chuckle before I disappear into the bathroom and get ready for bed. When I came out, Albus was already waiting for me in his king-sized-bed. After I got under the cover on the other side of the bed he immediately pulls me closer to him and kissed me passionately. After what feels like forever we had to pull away from each other because a certain someone was kicking against the inner walls of my stomach. I think Albus has felt the kick too because he pulled away from me with a slight shock on his face. I couldn't help but laugh. A few moments after Albus slowly bends down to give a kiss upon my belly and said, "That was quite a surprise. Daddy, still have to get used to your kicking," which makes me giggle,

"Looks like, the baby doesn't like to be squeezed, Daddy,"

Just when Albus lifted his head up from my belly and was about to give me another kiss, we were interrupted by an owl tapping again the window. Albus waved his hand, opening the window to let the big brown owl fly in. It dropped an envelope in front of Albus and flies back out the window, into the cold night.

I study Albus's face closely while he read the letter. His face suddenly turned serious, which makes me worried as well. After he was finished he immediately got out of the bed and changed his clothes,

"Albus, what happened? Where are you going?" I asked while crawling across the bedding and sat at the edge on his side of the bed.

"Alastor told me that there was an attack in London, I need to go, darling."

"But-" I was cut mid-sentence by his lips upon mine. After we parted I looked into his bright blue eyes and said, "Stay safe, my love."

It was the first time I called him that... I never did call him 'my love' not because I don't love him, but because he's not mine... but I am his - heart, mind, soul, and body, from the very moment when we conceived the baby I'm currently carrying in me.

Albus gave me one last kiss before he left.

- to be continued -