- Chapter one -

Albus:

Albus:

"I am really sorry Professor Dumbledore, but Mrs. Dumbledore is infertile and is unable to get pregnant." A chill runs through my whole body when Dr. Evans finishes her sentence.

My wife Patricia and I have been married for two years now and we have tried to conceive just as long, but no luck. We really want to have a child, someone to carry on the family name. With Patricia being infertile, does this mean the Dumbledore family tree will end here? I doubt that my brother Aberforth will ever have a family of his own, well at least not with humans but rather with goats.

And now we are sitting in Dr. Evans's office at St. Mungo's Hospital to see what the problem was. I first blamed myself that maybe it has something to with my age, but Dr. Evans just proofed me to be wrong.

"But surely there is another way for us to have a child, right?" Patricia asked the doctor.

I take her right hand in mine and give it a light squeeze and I wait for Dr. Evans to answer.

"Actually, there is." Hearing this from the doctor herself gives me some hope.

"Now, there is this treatment called surrogacy where another woman is carrying a child in her uterus for you. Of course, the child will have both your gene."

Patricia turns her head in my direction. I am sure what is going through her head.

Finally finding my voice I ask Dr. Evans for more information about this treatment.

--

As we arrive at Hogwarts, I walk to my favorite armchair and let myself fall onto it. Can see that Patricia is also exhausted from the day. We both have a lot to discuss with each other.

"I am so sorry." I turn my head towards Patricia who looks defeated.

"Please do never blame yourself." I try to comfort her because I certainly don't want her to think that this is her fault.

"But it is my fault. The problem is me. I am the one who is unable to have a child, not you."

I can see tears rolling down her cheek so, I stand up and rush to sit next to her on the sofa. I pull Patricia into my arms. After a while, she pulls back and brushes her tears away from her cheeks.

"Now listen, Patricia, Dr. Evans said that there is always that treatment- what was it called again? Surrogacy? Yes- surrogacy. We just need someone who is 100% healthy and cut to be the surrogate mother for our child."

"But who?" As she asks me the question, my head only could think of one person.

- to be continued -