- Chapter eleven -

Minerva:

Minerva:

The morning was so exhausting I am looking forward to enjoying being pregnant after the morning sickness is gone. Thank goodness Albus decided to come to pick me up. If he wouldn't come, I'll probably stay in the bathroom until someone will come and eventually find me in there. Albus did make my morning much better by running me a bath and then brought me breakfast into the bathroom. And now he is going to take me to shop for maternity gowns since almost all my robes won't fit me anymore.

We decided that we will spend the day touring muggle London and then on our way back to school we will stop at Madam Malkin's in Diagon Alley.

As we walk down Oxford street, Albus grabs my hand and pulls me into a store where there are only baby clothes, baby toys, baby cribs, baby strollers, and various furniture for the nursery.

"Albus, why do you drag me in here?" I glare at him. Being in here makes me feel uncomfortable and somewhat sad since it reminds me of the fact that I am pregnant but eventually have to give my baby away.

"I want to look for a crib for our baby," Albus says and he drags me further into the store.

"You mean Patricia's and your baby." I correct him,

"No, you heard me correctly, I mean our baby."

I stop in tract and stand there speechless, but before I could say anything the sales associate interrupts me

"How can I assist the two of you?" she asks,

"We are looking for a crib," Albus reply,

"Ah- I see you two are expecting. Congratulations! Is this your first child?" She asks her question directly to me.

"Ehhr, yes."

"Oh- expecting the first child is always a great and special experience for every couple." She says while we walk through the store. Should I tell her that Albus and I are not a couple and that I am only his surrogate? But then I decided against it. It seems to me, Albus doesn't bother to correct her either. I then realize that he is still holding my hand as we follow the sales associate to the crib section.

After we left the store, Albus and I take a walk through Green Park. At some point, I suggest we sit down a bit and just enjoy the weather. I am dying to know what Albus has meant at the store before we were interrupted by the sales associate.

"Albus, why did you say this is our child?" I ask him quietly, as I rest my left hand on my stomach.

"Because it is our child, Minerva." He says as he loops his left arm around my shoulders and with his right hand he lay on top of mine on the stomach. I turn my head and study him closely, as he looks at where our hands are laying.

"But- but we agreed that when he or she is born, you and Patricia will take the baby as your own," I tell him, now not so sure if that is the plan anymore.

"Tabby," our eyes meet with each other's before he continues "I want you to be the baby's mother, even if he or she will live with me and Patricia."

"What? - Albus, how can I be its mother when I don't even live with you and the baby. And what about Patricia, surely, she doesn't mean for this to happen when she suggested that we - you know what... And I don't- "I am cut off mid-sentence by Albus's lips on mine. When we run out of breath, we break the kiss, but our foreheads still touching.

"You talk too much, do you know that, Tabby?"

"I mean it, Albus. I don't want to be the reason for your divorce with Patricia or people seeing me as your mistress." I tell him,

"This baby is mine as much as it is yours, Tabby. You cannot deny it, because we create this baby together. Now, before you set a mind on something, why don't you think about it. You have plenty of time to think about, whether you want to be in our child's life or not." With this, he gives me a peck on my lips before we stand up and continue with our day.

- to be continued -