- Chapter twenty-three -

Note: I am so sorry I haven't updated for ages

Note: I am so sorry I haven't updated for ages. Not gonna lie, I haven't had the motivation to continue writing, nor have I got any inspiration. And of course, many things were going on in my personal life... Anyways- now I've found some time to write again, and hope you can still enjoy reading my FFs.

xx Mandy

PS: I don't write in the characters' POV anymore, idk -it's kinda harder for me to write hahaha - does this even make sense...?? But I still hope you still like this story... :/

----------------------///---------------------

"Minerva, wake up," Poppy gently shook her best friend who was sleeping peacefully in her queen-sized bed.

Minerva slowly opened her eyes and was a bit confused about why Poppy would wake her in the middle of the night like this.

"It's Albus. You need to come with me to St. Mungos right now," Poppy told her,

By the time her friend finished the sentence, Minerva shot up and rushed out of her bed with a worried look on her face.

"Min, slow down. You're pregnant remember?" The medi witch reminded her while helping a heavily pregnant Minerva out of her bed.

"W-what happened to Albus?" Minerva asked, her voice shaking.

"I don't know for sure. Alastor only told me to get you to St.Mungos." Poppy said as she helped Minerva get dressed into her traveling robes. And within a minute the two witches were on their way to St.Mungos together.

——

Upon arriving at the huge hospital they soon spotted Alastor pacing in front of the emergency room. Minerva ran up to Alastor with Poppy following her closely, but not without shouting at Minerva to slow down. Now the medi witch was more concerned about her heavily pregnant friend than the headmaster who was laying in the emergency room.

"Minerva you need to slow down if you don't want to hurt your baby!" Poppy scolded Minerva as she finally catches up with her.

The other witch ignored her friend and immediately asked Alastor about what happened to her Albus. Minerva thought it was strange calling him hers even though they weren't even sure where their relationship is heading too, and not to forget, he was still a married man...

"He was attacked. But don't worry, Minerva, the healers are doing their best to help him. He is in good hands now." Alastor said, trying to sound as convincing as he could, so his friend wouldn't get even more distressed than she already was.

"But- but who attacked him. Grindelwald is already defeated." Mentioning the dark wizard's name gives her shivers through her body, so she carefully placed her hands on her belly.

"It was a group of the last remaining followers of Grindelwald," He said but upon seeing the worried expression on her face he quickly adds that the Aurors already took care of those dark wizard's followers and that they were brought to Azkaban.

Just when Poppy convinced her friend to sit down on the chair by the wall, one healer came out of the emergency room.

Alastor immediately asked the healer, Susan Rowbotham, of his best friend's condition.

"He is safe now. We could figure out the curse the attacker has used. For now, he is still unconscious and we don't know when he would wake up and how long it will take for him to recover from the curse and his injury. But for now, the headmaster requires a lot of rest." Healer Rowbotham explained.

Everyone looked more relieved after hearing the good news. Minerva asked her if she could go in and see Albus.

"I am sorry, but only family members are allowed to see the patient."

"B-but,"

"I am really sorry, Professor." The healer said with an apologetic look on her face.

"Come, Minerva, you need to get some rest anyway." Poppy took her friend's hand in hers.

Only for Minerva to shake it off and faced the healer again,

"But I need to see him, I am carrying his child. Please, please... I really need to see him." At this point Minerva sobbed uncontrollably, pleading with the healer to let her in. She needs to see Albus. Her Albus. She doesn't know what came over her, but she won't leave until they would let her in.

Healer Rowbotham sigh in frustration, after what feels like an eternity, she finally gave in and lets Minerva in, with Poppy accompanying her inside.

——

Minerva sat down on the chair right next to Albus's bed. She took his right hand in hers and brought it up to her wet cheek. He was still unconscious, which makes sobbing even more. Poppy rest a reassuring hand on her best friend's shoulder to give her comfort.

"Albus, please wake up," Minerva whispered,

"The students need you. The whole school needs you. Hogwarts is the heart of the

wizarding community. And you're keeping it beating." She continued to whisper loving words to him as if he could hear what she was telling him.

"I love you. Do you hear me? I love you, and I need you here. I need you here with me - with us." She said as she slowly guides his hand to her obviously pregnant belly. As their hands rest on her stomach, the baby kicked as if sensing her parents. Soon there was a bright light sparkling where their hands were resting, making both Minerva and Poppy gasping, and within seconds the light was gone. Both witches looked at each other clearly confused, not sure what happened just now. But soon they were interrupted by a certain someone's voice calling Minerva's name.

"Albus!" Minerva was now sobbing harder upon seeing her lover awake. Poppy was immediately on her way to get a healer.

"Minerva, my darling Minerva." Albus carefully lift his hand to held Minerva's cheek. She closed her eyes and turned her head slightly to kiss his palm.

"I was so worried, Albus," Minerva said between sobs.

"Shhh, I am fine now. I could never leave you, my darling." He told her, as he slowly brought down her face and kissed her passionately on the lips.

Just when they broke the kiss the healer came in with Poppy following behind her.

Healer Rowbotham did a short check-up and thought it was a miracle that the headmaster seems fine as if nothing happened.

- to be continued -