𝚋𝚞𝚌𝚔𝚢 𝚋𝚊𝚛𝚗𝚎𝚜

𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚎

'i knew short hair would be the move'  you nudged the tall man in the ribs as you walked, shoulder to shoulder

'i knew short hair would be the move' you nudged the tall man in the ribs as you walked, shoulder to shoulder.
'i'm so glad you let me cut it, the perfect bonding moment. i see it as a new step in our relationship' 
bucky turned his head slowly, displaying an annoyed expression.
'i can't catch a break between you and sam's rambling'
you slapped a hand to your heart in mock-offence, causing the man to let out a small chuckle.
'i appreciate all you've done for me y/n, in all seriousness' bucky slowed to a stop and turned his body towards your own, suddenly becoming aware of the little space between the two of you.
he had never come to trust someone so quickly as he had with you.
'you saved me' his voice crumbled slightly as his tired eyes met with your own.
you carefully took his hands within your own, taking extra caution with his bionic one.
'buck i'd do anything for you. you've been through so much, so much i could never even comprehend.'  you gently caressed the back of bucky's vibranium hand, it shivered under your touch allowing you to realise how lonely it must have been for him.
'you're the strongest person i know james'
bucky's ocean blue eyes softened at the sound of your voice and he took both of your hands between his, lifting them to his lips and pressing a soft kiss to the back of each.
showcasing some of his classic 1940s charm.
'and you, y/n, are possibly the most beautiful person both inside and out' 
you felt your cheeks burn and you smiled widely at the man who pulled his hands away from yours and placed them on both of your warm cheeks.
'care to grab a drink with me?' bucky could feel the warmth of your cheeks against his palms and the creases that formed when you smiled.
'i'd love to'