5

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 | "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 | "𝐈'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐞."

ϟ

The candlelight permits the eyes to both see and rest, the perfect bridge between the world of the awake and the world of dreams.

It gives far less illumination than the meanest of electrical light bulbs, yet it is all my eyes can take. By the flickering yellow the room is dark, the shapes of the furniture discernible but the colours so muted that they are almost grey.

It reminds me of the hearth in days gone by, when Mum would bring in the firewood and we'd warm ourselves before the bare flames, basking in the glow and praying not to be struck by stray embers.

"If you're not ready I understand." Vance tugs the formal tie, leaving it loose and open around his collar. "I won't be mad, we have time."

My desires fill with extent strategies to satisfy him, to pleasure him.  I wish to express gratitude towards him for saving me from that loathsome space. "When you put me in this robe, I declared it was alright, I'm prepared." I console, endeavoring to blur his stressed eyes with my words. "It's not my first time so I'm not— I'm not going to overthink it to an extreme."

"I'll be gentle." Vance's furrowed eyebrows droop to its ordinary position, his lips up turning into a small smile, a positive energy warming my emotions. "Okay?"

  "Okay."

I want to tell him he doesn't have to accustom to my preferences. He has my permission to do as he desired with every square inch of my tense body. He may release his greatest pleasures, his high fantasies within me.

For an obscure explanation, those words only convey in my mind. They do not dare to flow past the hindrances of  my vocal cords.

A blush heats my cheeks like a cotton sheet sinking into my skin as Vance lowers my back onto the bed.

"I do have a question though." I wonder if the inquiry should even slip past my lips. However, the answer I have been searching for has overly absorbed my psyche that I cannot function without the proper explanation.

As he climbs on top, hoisting himself up with his right forearm, his left hand tugs the cincture from my waist. The cotton robe falling to my sides, exposing my undergarments.

"Ma chérie, ask me anything you wish have knowledge of." He says, trailing his fingers in the area between my breasts whilst sharing the gaze of his eyes to mine.

"Why have you limited my access to magic— meaning my own sorcery."

The path his fingers are taking discontinues. He clears his throat, dampens his lips, grimacing marginally as he broke his eye contact with me. "How did you uncover that discovery?"

Perhaps it wasn't my fondest idea to hand him the knowledge that in the past, I had stolen his wand. All things considered, regardless of whether he is currently holding me here— he has been nothing but kind to me.

"I was out in the garden and I met a man, Draco— he told me. Well, I didn't really meet him. I knew him from school but still— he informed me."

Vance hauls the sides of the robe as it was previously onto my abdomen. He lifted himself up, presently standing on the edge of the bed. Grabbing ahold of the string-like fabric that holds the robe in piece, he pulls both sides backwards, using it to boost my back from the mattress.

"I'll lift the restriction on your magic once I'm reassured that you are mine and only mine." Vance bind's the string to keep the robe in place. He strokes the back of my head as I stare profoundly into the base portion of his crisp navy suit. "I specified to Draco that he shouldn't enter the west garden. The next time you see him, go back inside. Okay?"

Unfit to distinguish on the off chance that he felt furious with me, I detected a dissatisfaction in the layers of his emotions.. "Okay— and I thought you wanted us to perform intercourse? Why have you wrapped me in my robe?"

"I realize there is something I must take care of." Vance lifts my chin with the alcove of his forefinger. "It's already late, go to sleep. I'll visit you in the morning."

My mind runs, absorbing my brain with liquids portraying multiple possibilities. "Oh, is it not because of the way I look? My body— is there something—"

"—Y/N, I have been watching you for the past four years. There isn't any flaws dooming you." Vance responds, allowing my mind to run once more. "Please don't think so low of yourself, it hurts me."

"You've been watching me for how lon—"

"—I cannot reveal any more information, I'm under an unbreakable vow. If I answer any more of your questions, it will result in my imminent death."

I wouldn't want that, if Vance were to die my presence is to be soaked with grief and sorrow. He has saved me from an unfathomable length of time of torment. Additionally, if he somehow managed to drop dead, where might that leave me?

"I understand."

His face plasters with an underlying satisfaction, smiling somewhat. "Good, now get some sleep. It's already late, I'll visit you in the morning."