50

i've pre-written most of the remaining chapters and i can't wait for you guys to read the ending lol <3

CW - Conversations about physical/mental abuse & possible sexual harassment .

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐘 | "𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐥?"

ϟ

From sun-fed grains held upon soil-spun gold in fields that quietly give, the bread became the kind of rich-brown hue that smells of heaven within a home. It may not be the most gourmet of meals, nor take an age to make, but that toast was a theme throughout my life-span, a keeper of many memories.

Exceptionally fond remembrances of breakfast in the great hall at Hogwarts ties around my mind. Though I mostly sat alone, the morning meal became the most favorable portion of my days. Through golden toasted crumb to the softness within, the jammy toast was every good morning condensed into each sweet bite.

There are 7 of us sitting at the large circular table. To the right of me is Draco enjoying a plate of fresh diced peaches and mangos. Beside him sits a tired Blaise simply picking at his food, his eyes half-open as he endeavors to express gratitude toward Luna for passing him the syrup for his pancakes without falling asleep.

Pansy and Adrian's shoulders nearly touch from the absence of distance between them. She is plopping fruits into her yogurt rather aggressively, a hefty expression of rage visible from every feature of her face. Adrian merely appears scared of her, carefully nudging pieces of his warm chocolate muffin into his mouth.

Of course only Nott would have an empty seat on either side of him. As bitter and detached with his emotions as he is, his presence strikes to be in a good mood at this current time. He spreads soft margarine onto his bread-bun, steam escaping through the crevices of the wheat as he split it in half.

I wonder where Guinevere is.

The mere thought of her crosses my mind for the duration of only a few seconds before inevitably deciding to be grateful for her absence.

"Pansy," Nott says, the irritation in his tone returning with every syllable uttered past his lips. "What the hell is wrong?"

She sighs fairly heavily, I'm certain almost all of the air from her lungs has escaped her body. "Daphne cheated on me, I might as well jump off the roof or drive that stupid automobile into a tree."

"Well, if you try to kill yourself, I'm not gonna stop you." He sips on the circular straw of his iced water, waiting for the liquid to travel down his throat prior to continuing his statement. "This is like the 3rd fucking time she has done this. You're the idiot now—"