parker | just like you ( f )

summary - new york's been through a dry winter, but when it finally does start to snow, your little one is thoroughly conflicted with the white ground

word count - 0.5k

You've got the little one all bundled up for her first trip to Central Park in the snow. New York's been a bitch with the dry icy weather all winter, but finally the skies have lightened up and snow's coating the streets thinly. It's nothing impressive, not when you and Peter have experienced some of the worst New York snowstorms in history, but it's perfect for Benni's first time.

Peter's cooing over your baby, dressed in a pale blue and fuzzy bear snowsuit that Happy bought. You can hear her giggles through the walls, and just barely you can make out Peter burying his face in the baby's neck and blowing raspberries into her skin.

"Is Daddy getting you, Benni?" You ask, scooping your daughter up from the bed after you finish prepping a few bottles and diapers, handing them to Peter who lays them down in the diaper bag already loaded into the bottom of the stroller.

You've got a system going, though the small two bedroom apartment that's still occupied by all of May and Happy's belongings isn't conventional anymore. You both just can't bear the thought of moving out of Peter's high school apartment, Benni's first home.

"Are you ready for the snow, my love?" Peter coos, narrowly avoiding the coffee table as he directs the stroller out of the living room.

The apartments had a good run, passed down to nearly three generations of Parkers, but it's undeniably time for Peter and yourself to find a bigger space for your growing family. Your nostalgia is dismantled by Benni's squealing. She absolutely adores her regularly scheduled walk around the block, but you have no idea how she's going to react to the wet coldness snow brings.

Peter's getting even more excited to show her the real magic of New York winters. It's something he loved growing up, and couldn't wait to share with Benni on the very first day of fall four months ago. Grabbing her from your arms, Peter leaves you in the lobby with the stroller and breaks into a full sprint towards the snow.

You follow after them, laughing gently and waving to your neighbors who are equally as entranced by Peter's relationship with Benni. He's the sweetest dad, the best one you could have ever given Benni.

When you walk out of the building, you giggle at the sight of Benni clinging to Peter. Her little hands are covered by the blue bear paws, but you see her trying to grab at the snow covering a bush.

"Is it cold, baby?" You laugh gently, rubbing your hand over Benni's back. She lays her head down on Peter's shoulder, tiny hand pointing in the direction of the snow covered cabs in the distance. "Pretty, right?"

Your eyes find Peter's and he smiles wider then he has in a while, the tip of his nose tinted red from the cold. You lean over, kiss him gently while Benni continues to reach for the snow. You giggle when she brushes her covered hand over the bush, pulling away with a look of bewilderment.

"That's cold, mamas." You told her, brushing the snow from her palm. "She's just like you." You mumble to Peter amusedly, watching as she reaches back for the snow, hardly phased by how cold it had just been on her covered hands.

Peter grins at you, nuzzling his icy nose into your neck and pressing soft and sweet kisses to your collarbone.