27. Married | Ending |

Recap

"Remember when you praised me for getting better at Italian?" I ask, nervously.

"Yes."

"I didn't learn it just for fun, I learned it to ask you something."

"Alessandro, just spit it out." She snaps.

"Mo vuoi sposare, Amalia Ferrari?"

* * *

AMALIA

"Sei serio?!" I ask, my eyes are about to leave the socket. (Are you serious?)

He nervously plays with his hands and says, "of course—only if you want to." The ring box is still hanging in his hand.

I look at him in disbelief. Annie had always told me to marry and have kids and I had always told her that it's impossible. That no one would love the Amalia Ferrari. That no one could keep up with me and my personality. But here he is, the love of my life, proposing to me in his childhood tree house. In Italian.

"Amalia?" His voice echoes, desperation could be heard. He is scared and I don't blame him because I don't say anything for a while. "I am s-sorry...I-" he starts, putting the box away.

I cut him off and smash my lips onto his. He is taken aback and doesn't kiss me back, but once he's aware, his lips move and deepens the kiss. Our mouths dance together, unable to break the kiss.

Soon, we break the kiss to catch breath. "Amalia?" He murmurs, cupping my cheeks.

"Yes." My voice says, shocking me. He doesn't get it thinking that I said yes to him calling me, where I was saying yes to his question. He looks at me for a while, unsure of what to say.

"Yes, Alessandro. Yes, I would love to marry you." As soon as the words leave my mouth, a smile stretches on his lips, making my heart flutter. He leans in and hugs me tightly, not wanting to break the hug at all. We stay like this for few minutes, until he leans back and looks intently at me. Then then takes out a box from his pocket again and it reveals a ring. He takes it out of the box and put it on my ring finger. A beautiful small diamond. He obviously knew that I don't like a big one.

"I fucking love you, Amalia Ferrari." He whispers.

"Ti voglio bene, Alessandro Esposito." I whisper back, giving him another kiss. (I fucking love you back)

* * *

We walk back inside, seeing Lily long asleep on the couch. Emily is beside her, as she scrolls down on her phone. "Oh, there you are." She whispers, once she sees us.

"What took you so long?" She asks.

I raise my hand and show her the finger. Her eyes widen is delight, as she looks at the finger with awe. It looks like she couldn't believe that her son is finally marrying a good woman; not trying to brag or anything.

"Finally!" She yells, startling Lily, who wakes up all confused.

"What's happening?" Lily asks in her night voice. I do the same thing I did with Emily and she looks even more confused.

"Did you say you wanted Amalia to me your mother?Alessandro asks, shocking the hell out of me. I didn't know that Lily wanted Alessandro to marry me, even when she even calls me mommy.

"Yes." She replies, nodding.

"We are getting married." He announces and her face lit up.

"You finally mommy mommy?" She asks, her mouth wide open. I nod.