1. Amalia Ferrari

AMALIA

Blood.

I hate it a lot. I hate the sight of it, especially when I see it every month for 5 days.

Periods are hard, but I am so thankful that I get mine.

Trying to stand up and ignore my cramps, I slowly step forward into my balcony. The view my room has is beyond astonishing. I have always been one who loves nature, it keeps my mind at peace and I always feel relaxed.

I glance at the birds flying in the sky and close my eyes, taking deep breaths. I just love mornings. I love the sound of birds chirping in the mornings. They wake me up every day at 7a.m, and I don't even have to put my alarm on.

I walk back to my room and get ready for the day. Yesterday, one of my partners, told me what the circle has been planning. The circle is a group of elites; me included, who meet every week to discuss business and future plans. I did not go last week, and they took this opportunity to talk about me. Luckily, my closest partner: Jeremy Stone, told me what they're planning, and that's to end me. They want me out of the circle and so they voted. Most of the votes voted a no and so they won, and those little who voted for a yes, will probably go for a riskier solution.

This solution I know very well. I am not stupid, and I do not work with people I do not know how they think. That's why I know they will hire a hitman to kill me, but unfortunately, it's not going to be that easy to get rid of me.

I'm Amalia Ferrari and I am not easy to kill.

Entering my walk-in closet, I pick up some dresses to wear for today. I place them three on the table and take a good look at each one of them.

The problem with me is that I have to look perfect. It's not that I am obsessed with what people think of me or if they like how I look, it's that I am obsessed with how I think and see myself.

I have to look pretty to feel good.

Deciding on wearing the tight, red, mid-thigh dress, I undressed and put it on.

I then walked to my shoe rack and picked out a pair of white heels.

I never wore casual clothes at home. I always dress up as if I am going out. Only when the house is fully empty that I be myself and that's mostly after 9p.m when everyone leaves.

Yes, I am not myself around people. I act like a completely different person. A person who is mean and manipulative, not that I am not truly that, but I am meaner and more manipulative around people. I love to play games and I always win them.

I truly believe that each one of us has a different side when they're alone. A different person within.

Walking downstairs, I see Annie standing at the end of the stairs, holding a tray with tea in it, waiting for me to come down. Annie is my mother. Not my biological mother, but still. She's the one who stood by me and never betrayed me. Her love and kindness are what helped me become the woman I am today.

It's really funny that most of the times some people say or more specifically, some men say that women are weak, or they are not smart enough to become something big. But I am here to prove them wrong. We are not weak, and we are not stupid. In fact, we are smart and strong, and we can do whatever we want in this shitty world.

Take me as an example, all the men I've met fear me. They wish to be me and own what I have.

I worked so hard to have what I have right now. I didn't inherit many things from my parents other than a farmhouse they left for me. I built myself step by step and I made myself by myself—with the help of Annie of course.