14. "We Need to Hide"

The sun was shinning as the plane was flying to its destination, Florence. Amalia and Alessandro were going to Florence to visit Demetrio and discuss the Gino incident. It was a confusing case to Amalia, as she couldn't wrap her head around what had happened to Gino. She truly believed that Demetrio had nothing to do with it because she trusted him, but she didn't believe that Gino would kill himself. Maybe it's what Demetrio thinks? She thought. Amalia refused to be the reason Gino is dead, even though she could careless.

The flight-attendant brought the duo drinks and snacks to enjoy till they arrive to Florence. As the drinks were being placed on the table, they hit the floor with a loud smash. It wasn't that the flight-attendant intentionally or non-intentionally dropped them, but it was the plane that suddenly swayed right and left.

"What's happening?" Amalia asks, her heart dropped along with the plane.

Alessandro held onto his boss tightly, making sure she doesn't get hurt. The plane was landing for some unknown reason and he knew the feeling too well, as he had experienced it before when he was at war.

"Don't worry, we'll be fine." He says, trying to soothe her.

"Attention everyone, due to technical issues, we have to land at the nearest island, which is Capri." The pilot announced.

"There's something wrong." Amalia mumbles, as she looked around. "I think someone is trying to kill us." She adds.

"Are you sure?" Alessandro asks.

"Before we left Sicily, I saw a car following us, but I thought it was just a coincidence. I didn't think that it might be an attacker."

"Why didn't you tell me?" He groans.

"I didn't think it was something." She rolls her eyes.

"But what does that have to do with the plane?" The flight-attendant asks. Amalia and Alessandro glare at him, not liking that he was listening to their conversation.

The plane suddenly landed with a thud. As soon as the plane had stopped, the door was opened, and everyone made their way out. The plane had landed somewhere along the beach.

It was a miracle they survived.

As they made their way out, gunshots were fired startling everyone.

"We need to hide!" Alessandro announces, taking Amalia's hand and running for their lives. They ran into the forest, as trees passed around them. They could hear people following them, but thankfully, they weren't gaining on them. Luckily for Amalia, she wasn't wearing heels, and that's the first time it happened because Alessandro insisted she wore something casual this time. He loved her glam self, but he wanted to see her casual side too.

They took a turn, arriving at a huge waterfall. There was nowhere else they could go, as they reached the end of the way. They looked behind and found the men approaching with guns in their hands. There was nothing in Alessandro's head other than to take Amalia's hand and jump down. He knew that the men wouldn't jump because in reality, no one would.

"Do you trust me?" He asks, holding her hand.

"Yes, why?"

He didn't reply and just tightened his grip, and jumped down. Amalia's screams filled the area, as she didn't think Alessandro would jump off a waterfall, taking her with him. As soon as they hit the water, Amalia was long out of it, but Alessandro's hand was still attached with her as he could not let it go. He swam to the surface, with her beside him. He held onto her lifeless body as they reached to the land. He took an immediate action, trying to give her oxygen. Once he did that, she opened her eyes coughing the water out of her lungs.