18. Saving Lily

AMALIA

Do people sense before they die, that they are going to die? It was something that I had always wondered. I never thought that the day of my death was this close. I thought that I'd live longer, but I would do anything for Lily.

We were on our way to the location they sent to my phone. I knew that something bad could happen, so I made sure I had a back-up plan. A plan that no one knew about, but me. I wouldn't tell anyone about it because I know they wouldn't agree. I might be selfish, but I cannot live knowing that I was the reason one of them died.

"Amalia, don't leave Alessandro's side." Demetrio says, while loading his gun. I nodded in response. I was afraid that if I opened my mouth and spoke, I would tell them my plan, so I stayed quiet.

The driver stopped the car, parking it somewhere hidden. They knew we were coming, but they didn't know when. However, it was clear that we weren't going to wait even if the sun was still up.

We stepped out of the Tahu and slowly walked to our positions. The building they were staying in had only two entrances . One from the front and one through the tunnels. We hoped that they didn't know that this building had tunnels. All of us stayed together beside Demetrio, who went with his men through the front door. The rest of us, walked towards the cellar that was linked to the tunnels.

"Don't leave my side." Alessandro whispered, kissing the top of my head. I knew he wasn't okay, hell no one would be when their daughter is kidnapped by killers. But he tried to stay with me and never left my side. What did I do to deserve a man like that? Why did I even chose him to work for me?

We entered the cellar and the smell was disgusting. The tunnels smelled awful as if a body was stashed somewhere here. We slowly walked, making our way to the entrance of the building. Rats walked beside us and honestly, they looked cute. Don't come for me.

I was holding my gun tightly. I knew how to fight, I am not that helpless, but I couldn't do it alone. That's one reason why I needed a bodyguard. We kept walking until we heard footsteps, so we stopped as River halted us with his fist like the military soldiers. We quickly his on the sides of the walls, waiting for the person to come. Once the footsteps were close, Alessandro and River quickly knocked him out with their guns. After making sure he was out cold, Alessandro took my hand and we started walking again. I wanted to tell him that I could walk on my own, but I wanted to savor this moment while it lasts.

Arriving at the end of the tunnel, we saw a door. It was locked, but Mia managed to open it, as she was skilled with this type of things. She slowly opened the door and peeked inside. Once she made sure that the way is clear, she opened it further and we stepped inside. As we were walking we heard gunshot. It must be Demetrio and the men. We quickly made our way to the sound and we saw a war going on. Demetrio told us not to engage because he was buying us time to find Lily, so we quickly walked the other way and began searching for her. We searched few rooms on this floor, but we didn't find anything. I was afraid that they would have done something to her because we already killed a lot of their men.

Suddenly, a man emerged shooting us. We quickly ducked and began shooting back. The man was good. He shot us again, as one of his bullets grazed my shoulder. I hissed at the feeling. Alessandro's face hardened and he stood up and ran to the man in a suicide mission and shot him before he could. I was so mad at him for going openly like that, but it warmed my heart to see him defend and protect me.

"Thank you." I murmured, giving him a kiss. I hope their plan works because if it didn't, I don't know what will happen next.

We entered an elevator and pressed the too floor, which is where they are probably keeping Lily. Now going into an elevator is not the best plan we came up with because we don't know what is on the other side of the door when it opens. How many men will they be?