8. A Meeting With My Allies

AMALIA

"Welcome to our home!" Leila González greets, opening her arms for me to hug, and I do.

"Thank you, Leila."

"Nice to see you again, Amalia." Demetrio; Leila's husband, greets, giving me a brotherly hug.

"It's nice to see you too." I smile, "—these are Alessandro and Gino." I point at the gentlemen.

Demetrio nods and motions for us to follow him.

Their mansion is quite beautiful. It's a three-story mansion, with a huge garden in the front. As I walk, I look around in awe. I have always knew that Demetrio and Leila have good taste in decorating houses. I mean...when I travelled to the U.S, I visited their home in a small town called Galena, and it was quite beautiful.

We stroll inside the house, following Demetrio to what seems to be the living room. Leila left to the kitchen, probably to get us something.

"So, to what I owe this pleasure." He smiles as he sits down.

I glance at Gino and Alessandro, and nod my head conveying the message that I want them to wait outside.

After they left, I turn my attention back to Demetrio.

"I have two propositions." I start as he sits up to listen, "—first, I would like you to help me with some shipments—you know, from one country to the other. Second, I want you to hold someone hostage and learn everything about him, I believe he is behind my parent's death."

His eyes widened at the mention of my parent's death.

"What kind of shipments?" He firstly asks.

"Weapons." I reply earning a nod in approval.

"And who is the man?"

"Gino—the one who is standing outside." As soon as I say that, he stands up looking angry and pissed.

"And you brought him to my house?" He growls.

"Well, I figured you'd say yes, so I brought him with me."

He takes out his phone and calls someone to come. After few minutes, an unfamiliar man appeared in the living room.

"Yes, Demetrio?"

"River, I want you to take care of something." Demetrio orders earning a huff from River.

"But, I have a date with Mia." He groans.

"Can't you leave my daughter for a minute and listen to your boss?"

"Fine." He rolls his eyes and leaves, but halts as he turns back towards us.

"Who is the guy?"

How did he know that Demetrio wants him to take care of a guy?

"He is the one standing outside—not the handsome one, the other." I reply this time with a smirk.

He nods and leaves.

"I didn't know River is dating your daughter." I smirk as I see irritation covers his face.

"They are engaged—" he rolls his eyes, "—I don't like it." He huffs.

Demetrio González hates one thing in this world and that's, his daughter having a boyfriend.

No one and I mean no one should touch, glance, hurt, or any form of anything. In his thick skull, his daughter is his princess and will always be with him. He loves her that much.