A Royal Ball

Y/n POV
————————————————————————
My 24th birthday was a week ago, so today I would meet who I would marry. I hoped they weren't some dickhead. I knew I had relatives forced to marry them. I opened my eyes, seeing my family's closest staff members standing beside my bed, with their bright purple eyes giving off a gentle glow. They were half Enderman, half human, Kai and Kerry. My father had found them, cold and alone, a night many years ago, after coming home from adventure. Kai took my hand gently, helping me up, and led me to my closet. She had already picked out a dress for me to wear. She walked out of the closet, respecting my privacy, and I put the dress on. It was a light f/c, and had embroidered flowers and silver trim at the hems. I exited the closet after outing on shoes, silver heels, so that Kerry could do my hair, the other doing my makeup at the same time. They were taller than humans, and there motions more fluid, yet they had a slight fear behind them. They had some abilities of Endermen, like teleporting, but could only go so far. Their powers had limits.

The male behind me finished my hair, a braid, and he set my crown on top of my head gracefully. It was a sliver circlet with rubies, our kingdom's gem. The female in front of me had done simple makeup, light eyeshadow, pink lipgloss, and mascara and blush. They wanted me to look good and feel comfortable while meeting my new husband.
Kai's black curls bounced with excitement as she finished putting jewelry on me, earrings and a necklace. Both rubies, which matched my scarlet eyes. It was an unbroken gene in my family, all of the original ancestor having them.

I stood up from my vanity, and walked through the halls, my arms intertwined with the taller two's. We walked in comforting silence, them passing each other the occasional look I couldn't read. It was strange. I could read everyone but these two. We walked through the halls, our footsteps echoing. We eventually reached the throne room. Kai opened the tall door, and I entered the room. The two
Ender-humans following close behind.

I walked to my throne, a slightly smaller stone seat, with rubies accenting the top. I was the eldest of my siblings, so I had the second largest throne. Unless the eldest sibling was female, no woman got a throne. The Queen and younger sisters would sit near the doors, in small stands, like in the court. I sat after bowing to my father, and as I did my brothers started filing in. I hadn't any sisters, so out mother sat alone in the stands, but I often had silent conversations with her during matters that required us. After about 20 minutes, the other staff filed in, the twins already being here. The butlers walked in, along with the guards, of which my slightly younger brother was in charge of. He was a kind boy, age 23, but when it came to battles, he was fierce, killing all those in his way.

After waiting half an hour, trumpets sounded, signifying the Prince's arrival. The prince I would marry. His guards walked in, followed my his parents, followed by him, then more guards. I kept my focus on him. He had curly brown hair, beautiful chocolaty eyes, and beautifully tanned skin. He was rather tall, his height of somewhere around 6'5". His highest held guards walked to the front of the crowd, announcing their kingdom, and cause of arrival, obviously being to get him married.

I silently sighed, and looked back at the prince, standing between his parents, the King and Queen. He had a golden circlet sitting on his head, his curly hair engulfing it, but showing enough to see sapphires at the points of it. He wore an outfit worthy of a king, a suit of blue and f/c, with a red cape. You looked at his outfit, and sighed inwardly. He looked to be spoiled rotten. On the outside, I kept a small smile on my face.

I listened to what the kings were discussing, which was the terms of the allience of their children's marriage. I heard something mentioning political allience, which was obvious, but then heard something strange. 'Have my son in control.' This came from the prince's father, which gave me a feeling of unease. The king and queen, at least in my kingdom, shared equal abilities, needing input from both for anything to become reality.