An Ambush

Y/n POV
————————————————————————

I walked over to the twins as Wilbur went to the food.

"Did either of you see Colin giving me weird looks throughout the dance?"

"Actually, I did. It seemed like he plotting something," responded Kai.

I kept that thought in mind as I remembered.
"Shit," I mumbled, walking out of the ballroom.
I had four days until Colin's birthday. I had no clue what to do for him. I decided on making him a painting for his study, which is where he usually was.

3rd Person POV
————————————————————————

A figure followed the princess throughout the halls. She hadn't noticed them, but when she did, it was too late.

Y/n POV
————————————————————————

I heard footsteps growing near me, then turned around. I saw Colin, but he looked different. Angry.

It felt as though time slowed down.

He unsheathed his sword and slashed it at me. I screamed and blocked it with my arms. It cut through my dress sleeve and my right arm, bleeding a lot. I held the wound, and looked up at my younger brother.

"Colin, what the hell?!"

"Oh dear sister..."

He started circling around me slowly, and I was panting and crying.

"You were always in the spotlight. It's annoying. You never let us brothers have it. It's always gotta be Y/n!"

I looked at him in confusion.
"Colin, you think I wanted this?! You think I asked to be born first?!"
I looked at him, and he looked back. We saw different emotions in the others eyes. In my brother, I saw anger, disgust, and sadness.
In mine he saw pain, confusion, and a hint of love.
I realized I had been hoping someone, Wilbur, had heard my scream. My mind has been going back to him since I met him. I shook my head to focus.

Colin wanted me dead.

"Dear brother, I have hated being first born since I realized my duty! I have been put in the spotlight for so long, it is starting to blind me! It has shone into my face for as long as I, we, can remember!" I yelled.

"Y/N, YOU ARE LYING! YOU HAVE LOVED BEING THE CENTER OF ATTENTION, TAKING ANY ATTENTION AWAY FROM US! YOU HATE US, AND ONLY LOVE YOURSELF!" He screamed back, getting ready to strike again.

"Takes one to know one," I said, ready to block again as the boy raised his sword up high.

I quickly realized I had been wrong all my life. Colin wasn't kind. He was cruel and ruthless. I realized he hurt his soldiers, some of them dying from his hands. He hurt our younger brothers. I got my arms in front of my face, but instead of feeling the pain of being cut again, I heard metal clang.

I saw Wilbur I front of me, having blocked Colin's sword with his own.

They fought vigorously, on striking as much as possible, the other defending, not getting a chance to strike.

Then I heard it.

👁👄👁

Word count of story: 502