Love in the Garden

I woke to the sound of something big falling.

I ignored the fact if Wilbur's absence as I sat up and peered down at the floor, the twins laying there, looking slightly startled.

"Kai, Kerry, what happened?" I asked, worry laced in my voice.
"Our shirts fell," answered Kerry.
"Your shirts falling wouldn't make that noise."
"We were in them," Kai responded, standing up.
I giggled lightly and got up, walking over to my closet. I decided to go out to the garden.

I glanced over at Kai, silently informing her that I'd be going to the garden, her giving a quick nod.

I dressed in a simple f/c dress with silver flats and walked through the halls, thinking about the night of the ball.

I decided it was best I forget that as I walked into the green maze.
I slowly made my way through the greenery, noticing an uncomfortable feeling in my stomach, but I ignored it.

I arrived at the bench and saw Wilbur sitting on it, staring into the pond.

I sat beside him and laid my hand on his as I saw a light dusting of pink on his cheeks.

I giggled lightly and looked into the pond with him.

We sat there for a bit, then he stood up.
"I'm going to go get us lunch. I'll be back in a moment," he said as he walked away.

I nodded to nobody in particular, and continued to stare at the pond.

I watched as flowers fell from the walls of the maze, landing on the surface of the pond, fish gracefully swimming around the ripples of the flowers' entry of their home.

I heard a crinkling of leaves, and was slightly confused.

"Wilbur, you're back qui-"
I was cut of by something cold and sharp pressing against my neck.

"KAI-"
I tried to scream out the name of my best friend, but got cut short by the pain of the object, which I assumed was a knife or sword, cutting into my neck.

I screamed in pain as my vision went dark.

👁👄👁
Word count of story: 349

✨C L I F F H A N G E R✨