i. good morning starshine

( warning— use of slurs  )

( warning— use of slurs )

  "GOOD MORNING STARSHINE, THE EARTH SAYS HELLO!" DAISY GREETED, SMILING HAPPILY at the brunette as she arrives at her locker, pulling out one of her headphones. It's their first day back at school for their second last year of high school, and Daisy is happy to finally be busy again. Being an only child with two parents who work all summer and no driver's license can get pretty lonely.

  "Good morning back at ya! Did you just quote Willy Wonka?" Samantha LaRusso asked as she closed her locker and threw her bag over her shoulder.

  "Oh my God... I did!" The Asian girl blinked a few time as she thought it over. "That wasn't intentional. I watched it last night like three times, once just wasn't enough I guess. Also I was to lazy to get up and get the controller so it just kept replaying. Anyways, enough about me, how was your summer LaRusso?"

  The blue eyed girl was staring at her with a dreamy smile on her face, but once a pair of manicured fingers snapped in front of her face, she snapped out of it. "Oh, sorry, what did you say?"

  "I asked how your summer was," Daisy laughed softly, pulling some tape out of her bag. She let out a content hum as she taped up a picture of her and her best friend, Juliet Henderson, that they took at Golf in Stuff over the summer.

  "Oh it was okay. You know, kind of sad it's over but at the same time happy to be back in routine, you know?"

"Yeah, I know what you mean," Just as she said that, the bell rang signalling the beginning of first period. "What class do you have first? Maybe we have the same one?"

Sam's eyes lit up excitedly as she pulled her folded up time table out of her pocket. "I have economics. Ew, I have economics"

"Damn, I have English, "Daisy giggled at the girls reaction, leaning forward to pat her cheek lightly in comfort. "I'll see you around, LaRusso."

Sam watched the black haired girl walk away, her face heating up not only from her patting her cheek, but when her eyes took in the girls outfit. A tight light purple turtleneck tucked into a white flowy skirt with high heeled white boots and a yellow headband. Why was the girl so goddamn cute?

━━

"I PATTED HER CHEEK,"
DAISY HUFFED, SINKING INTO HER SEAT IN THE BACK OF THE CLASSROOM IN between her best friend and her quiet friend named Eli. "Why did I pat her cheek? Eli, why did I do that?" They both looked at her with amusement as she slammed her head lightly on the table with a groan, "I have regrets."

"Which cheek are we talking about?" Juliet asked, a teasing smile on her face.

Daisy sat up, turning to the girl with a tilt of her head, "Like right or left?"