vii. I feel like I've made a mistake of some kind

( warning — suicidal thoughts  )

( warning — suicidal thoughts )

  "WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS?" Johnny Lawrence blinked, feeling blinded by the bright colours of Daisy McMaster's outfit as she skipped into his office. "What are you wearing? This is karate, not a fashion show."

  "So you're saying this outfit is good enough to be in a fashion show?" She gasped out, looking down at her white dress that was covered in little red hearts with a proud smile. "Johnny, thank you! But, I don't know if you're the best person to give fashion advice— I don't know if that stain is coffee or puke. Let's say it's coffee." She nodded at his ghee.

Johnny just stared at her, unamused.

"Right, sorry. I have a change of clothes in my bag, I just had a question."

  "Shoot."

  "I was wondering if you needed any help? Like around the dojo? Because I need community service hours." Daisy smiled hopefully, giving the older man her best puppy eyes.

  "Why? What'd you do?" Johnny stared at her in shock.

  "...What do you mean?"

  "You don't seem like the criminal type, Pinky."

  "Oh!" Daisy snorted, "No. Um, it's for school. I need them to graduate— oh, so does Jules. We tried picking up trash in the park, but then there was a tornado warning and a dirty condom somehow blew in her face. So, yeah, we're never doing that again."

  "Right." Johnny nodded, leaning back in his seat as he thought the girls words over. "Do I have to pay you?"

  "No. Just have to sign the form."

  "You should have started with that. I thought child labour was illegal?"

  "Um... it's not child labour, Sensei. It's volunteer work! Giving back to the community, you know?"

  "You're giving back to the community by cleaning up your own blood, sweat, and tears off the mats?" The blond man looked at her confused. "Shouldn't you be chucking pennies at homeless people."

  Daisy stared at the man in a mix of confusion, uncomfortableness, and shock. "Um, thank you! I'm gonna go get ready for class. Full dojo! So exciting! Bye!"

━━

  "WHY DID I LET YOU TALK ME INTO THIS?" Demetri asked Eli as he nervously looked around the full dojo. "This goes against everything I stand for. It's like extra gym class for no reason."

  "It is really painful," Daisy huffed, wincing as her knees cracked as she sunk into a squat. "Damn I'm out of shape."

  "I mean your cardio's good." Juliet shrugged, laughing slightly as she remembers the amount of times her friend has sprinted away from Miguel during practice. "Miguel hasn't been able to catch you yet."