xii. i'll miss you starshine

( warning — panic attack and anxiety )

( warning — panic
attack and anxiety )

"DAISY, YOU'RE GONNA PACE A HOLE IN THE EARTH IF YOU KEEP THAT UP." Hawk said, watching as his friend paced around the group of Cobra Kai's. They were outside of the venue on the day of the All Valley Karate Tournament, waiting for Johnny Lawrence to show up. Daisy does not do well with pressure. She is not very good at karate, maybe average at best, and some of these kids she's seen are huge. She's too young to die. "Save some energy for the tournament."

  Juliet (who sent a kick to Miguel's stomach) shook her head. "She's too far gone." She blocked a punch he sent her way, before kicking him in the stomach and sweeping his feet out from under him.

  "I need a break," Miguel wheezed. "Sparring with you hurts."

  "Aw, sorry Angel." She crouched down with a fake pout. "Grow a pair of tits and woman up. You are gonna be fighting people far worse than me. So get off your ass, and let's go again."

  "I feel so loved."

  "Tough love, baby."

  "Where's Sensei?" Hawk asked, starting to get concerned with how late the man is. "The tournament's gonna start soon."

  "He'll be here." Aisha said confidently.

  "I don't know about that," Bert spoke up.

  "What are you talking about?"

  "I saw him last at night at the mini-mart. I was buying..." The younger boy trailed off. "A carton of milk... when I heard him in the parking lot yelling. He was also peeing on his car and shouting that 'we're all going to die'."

  Aisha glared at him, "Why didn't you tell us earlier?"

  "I don't know. I guess I'm just so used to seeing him drunk, it didn't seem like that big of a deal."

  Juliet dodged a punch, "That's fair—Shit!" Miguel managed to catch her off guard and kick her to the ground. "Damn, you finally got me. It only took you a year. And I was distracted, so there's that."

  Miguel laughed, helping his girlfriend to her feet. "You sound like a sore lo—" He huffed in annoyance as he hit the ground. "Should have seen that coming."

  "Well, we're here and he's not. So it's officially a big deal!" Hawk snapped, glaring at Bert. "What if something happened to him?"

  Bert shrugged, "Like what?"

  "Got pee in his eye?" Juliet joked, moving out of Daisy's way as the girl skipped by her. "I've been in Sensei's bathroom. He has bad aim."

  "Not the time," The blue haired boy said  seriously. "What if he drove his car off a cliff? Or bought a gun and blew his brains out?"