xiii. hash browns

"SHE GOT FIRED ON THE FIRST DAY I WAS WORKING THERE!" Daisy cried, flopping face first on to her bed, bouncing slightly

"SHE GOT FIRED ON THE FIRST DAY I WAS WORKING THERE!" Daisy cried, flopping face first on to her bed, bouncing slightly. Miguel and Juliet shared a concerned look as they watched the girl struggle to flip back around. "I got a job to talk to the cute girl! Now she's gone and I'm just working at a place that is so far away from my house! Like... how am I suppose to get there most days? It's not convenient what so ever! Why does nothing ever work out for me?"

  "Okay, babe—"

  "What?" Miguel asked, cutting Juliet off.

  The blond looked confused, "What?"

  "...You were talking to me."

  "No, I was talking to Daisy."

  "Do you call us both babe?!"

  "Guys!" Daisy huffed, catching the two's attention. "I'm having a crisis here."

"Yeah, Miguel. Geez." Juliet said with a smirk, before her face instantly turned into a comforting look as she took a seat beside her best friend. "Here's what we're gonna do. I have a plan. So don't panic."

"I'm not panicking," Daisy said, started to breath heavier.

"You are panicking."

"No I'm not!"

With a huff, Juliet flicked her on the nose, laughing as she jumped. "I can ask to be transferred to the McDonalds that's close to your new job. That way I can drive you out there. Don't worry, okay? All will be okay."

  "Okay," Daisy closed her eyes, taking a deep breath.

  "Now, let's watch some Twilight!"

  "But—"

  "Miguel!"

  "Right, sorry. Sparkly vampires yay!"

━━

"DEMETRI, NOT TO BE RUDE OR ANYTHING... but I can feel my self physically aging." Daisy said, feeling impatient with how long it's taking Demetri to serve the ball. The group was at the beach for the afternoon— Daisy and Hawk are playing volleyball against Moon and Demetri as Juliet takes a nap under the umbrella.

Finally, after ages, Demetri serves the ball, only for it to hit the net. "Mulligan, send it back."

"There are no mulligans in volleyball," Hawk snapped, narrowing his eyes at the boy.

"Says you. Water break." Demetri announced, walking over to grab his water bottle.

  "Can we stop playing now?" Daisy sighed, moving to sit on the sand. "I don't particularly enjoy sports that include balls." Her eyes widen slightly as she processed her words before quickly turning to send an amused Hawk a glare. "Don't say it."