~6~ Not My Type

"What is this place?" I glance around, placing my hands in the warm water

"It's where I find my peace." He tells me while taking off his shirt. "You getting In or not?"

"Uhm-not." I tell him. "I don't trust lakes, or anything that screams danger."

"Your loss." He takes his pants off leaving him in his black boxers. My eyes stayed on his abs and V-line. Then trailed to his...my throat closed and I hurried to look away.

"Have you not seen a guy half naked before?"

I don't answer him and he jumps in the lake. His long hair covers his face. I chuckle at him. Why is he doing this? Was he really leaving the house to come here?

"It's warm. Come in."

I shake my head and turn away from him. "No. I want to go back."

"It's not a far walk. With those legs I would say a good hour walk for you. And hour and thirty if you drag."

"Ha-ha very funny."

"You were the one that wanted to follow me. I only came here to take a swim."

"We have a pool in our backyard." I mention to him.

"That's too boring. I needed something better."

"Why are you rude?" I ask him. "You get offered to stay in a big home for free and you look at everyone like you hate them in the house?"

"I don't have to answer to you." He blurts, taking me off track. "The water is amazing and it's man made. Meaning They didn't put fish in here. Not yet anyway." He takes me focus off of our conversation.

"Which gives me more of a reason to not want to jump in. I bet we aren't even supposed to be here." I stare around my dark surrounds with a bright moon and stars.

"Relax, will you?" He grunts. His hands push his hair back. It looks longer when he has it wet. "You know Rupert Holmes, right?"

"Who doesn't?" I scoff.

"Good. Think about Escape. You know, 'if you like pina coladas'." He attempts to sing the song but fails terribly. I laugh at him and his smile widens. This is definitely a different side of him.

"That's impressive." I clap my hands. "Now come on Christian. I want to go home."

"What's stopping you from jumping in?" He's asked me.

I stared down at the deep lake. This isn't necessarily a swimming pool. I cross my arms. "I can't swim." Usually I wouldn't tell anyone that, but I had a feeling he was going to be persistent about it.

"Well, that's a damn shame."

"Rude!" I yell him.

"Think about the song. The rhythm and the flow of it. How it gives you a nice confident feeling."