~23~ Break-ins & Daddy issues

Change is everything you can possibly hope for

Change is everything you can possibly hope for. Good changes of course. No one likes a bad change, but most times those are the changes that can give great meaning to your life either now or later.

I can hear my mother now screaming in my ear If I was to ever change anything on my body without her permission. God forbid I get fake boobs after having kids.

I fluff my short blond curly hair in front of the mirror. I see myself when I was younger doing the same thing. Only I had the kitchen scissors in my hands and my mom found me in the guest bathroom giving myself a new hairdo. 

I love her motto of, a girl's hair being their best crown, but sometimes we just need to change it up a bit. My mom hadn't cut her hair since she was twenty and for some reason, she won't do it again. 

"Thank you, Maria." I pay the hairstylist and walk out of the pink salon. Kayden sat waiting in the front of the building with the rest of my shopping bags. 

"What happened to your hair?" He stops walking to find the rest of the inches. 

"Do you like it?" I smile. 

"Like it?" He takes a good look and fixes a loose curl. "I love it. It sexy."

"Good. Now I can take my pictures for my license." I get in his car and slam the passenger side of the door. 

"Is that where we are going next? To get your license?" He asks, getting in the car and starting the engine. 

"Why not? Better now than never."

He nodded his head but left the car in park. The whole time he had his eyes on me. Confusing me by the second. "What?" I chuckle. "I have an appointment for the driving test."

"Hold on." His hands move near my face. I thought he was going to take something off of me but instead, he fixed a strand of my hair and cuffed my face. "I am getting used to you looking like this."

Checking the time on my phone, I see I have some time before the appointment. Christian looks good as ever. When he looks at me the way he does, I get this flutter in my stomach and an aching pain between my legs. Wanting the situation to get fixed I hopped in the backseat of the car. 

It didn't take long for him to realize what was happening. He mocked me about having an appointment and how I always have to be on time for things. Rolling my eyes, I pulled on to his shirt pulling him to the back. 

Later that day I stayed home to do the usual. Take medication, sleep, eat and potentially paint. If I had the energy to make it up the attic. My mother didn't freak out as much as I thought she would about my hair. She said, "It's already too late," then shrugged it off. She even smiled. It gave her a flashback of herself when she had cut her hair for the first time. 

For as much as I could, I finished the portraits. Christians were done weeks before the others. Mothers and Dexter just got finished today. The only person I have yet to make an outline for is my father.