~15~ #5 Staying Out late

M A R L I E 

M A R L I E 

Kayden pulls me into him, I laugh at his horrible dancing skills and his inability to move without looking stiff. "What? Do you think you can do any better?" He laughs.  I don't think me and him has ever had a good time as we did tonight. Since the moment he picked me up from my house it's been nothing but laughter.

I smile at him and he turns us in circles. "Maybe." I say. My snickering ended when I saw a tall figure leaving the gym that held the dance. I know that figure more than anything. Tall, muscular, and he walks with an attitude. He is also the only one wearing jeans at a prom. 

Kayden continues to dance but I need to go see him. 

I mentioned that I would be back. I didn't mention why though.

I follow the tall figure out the gymnasium and into the parking lot. Stepping outside there was small puddles from rain. It must've been raining while we were dancing.

I pick up my king dress and slam my heels across the street to follow him. "Christian!" I yell his name before he got in his car. It's almost like he wants to get away, and fast. 

He looks up and finds me standing within my hair all over my face and my the bottom of my dress damped from the puddles.

I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be happy and run to him or be upset that he would ditch with no warning and not message me for a whole week. 

I pick up my dress and walk over to the car. I didn't say anything to him, I opened the door and placed myself in his seats. He drove off without me asking where we are going. He just drove.

I stare out the window to the familiar surroundings of trees and the cloudy grey sky. The path he is taking is the same way we took the first night we hung out the lake.  

"I was worried about you." I blurt, looking away from him. "And that's very unusual of me to say about a guy. I don't usually care but I like you. I'm not completely sure why yet. All I know is, I like being around you. When you left-"

"I'm sorry." I hear him sighing from the side of me. "I left this place the last time I saw you and I was just driving. No direction, and I ended up home."

"Home as in...?" I stare at him.

"Sacramento." 

"Oh." I speak. "I'm not sure why I got the impression that you were from here." 

He doesn't say anything. He pulls into another trail that leads to the lake. No words were exchanged, we just walked. The silence sacred me, I almost felt like something bad was about to happen. Or be said. But then again, he's always like this. What could've happened from the last time I saw him to now?

We face the rounded lake, and my eyes open wide to the fishes that had been put in them. "Look Christian." I step closer and face the lake. "They put the fishes in." A slight smile creeps on my face.