𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 38

Evie and I spent the rest of our time watching old films and snacking on some chocolate cake, "The guys should be back soon." Evie brought up as she looked over to check her wrist watch. I sat myself up, "Yeah we should put this away before they come back." I said grabbing the plate of chocolate cake.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the icebox to put the cake back. I licked the remains of chocolate off my fork and threw it in the sink. I hear a loud bang coming from the television, I quickly ran back into the living room, "What I miss??" I asked Evie, as I plopped myself back down, "That guy with the bow tie just shot himself." She pointed over to the screen.

"Aw man, I wish I didn't miss that." I pouted and crossed my arms. As Evie was about to go on with the conversation, we hear noises coming from outside, "I think they're back." I said. Evie and I strolled over to the front porch, coming towards us were four zombie lookin' boys. They were exhausted and extremely out of it, "How'd it go, guys?" Evie inquired. They all gave us an out of breath nod and Soda just gave us a thumbs up, "We won."

"Woohoo!" I happily shout. Steve shook his head in such agony, "No woohooing." he said, "Oh." I awkwardly laugh. Steve made his way to Evie and shoved his head in the crook of her neck, "Steve, you're filthy." She complains, "You don't think I look tough?" He asks. She giggles, "No but I do think you need a shower." He rolls his eyes at her.

As we all headed back inside I noticed Ponyboy was nowhere to be found. I hadn't seen him come back with the gang, "Uh Darry, where's Pony?" I ask. He lied down on his sofa, "I think he left with Dally?" I froze, "Dally?" I repeat. Darry stopped to look up at me, he had a tone in his voice like he knew he was busted for what he just said, "Riz, it ain't nothin' to worry about. Dally did fine at the rumble, barley has a scratch left on him." I knew he was trying to calm me down but it only made me feel more bothered.

Before he could go on, I quickly cut him off, "I'm just gonna go get the first aid kit." I said. I slammed the bathroom door behind me & leaned up against it. A part of me felt betrayed but another feels actually proud of Dally. But the deal was that he wasn't going to go, was he just lying to me? I go under the sink and grabbed the kit. As I was making sure everything was inside of it, I hear small mumbles coming from the other side. It sounded like Ponyboy, I decided to come out of the bathroom and see what was going on, ".... Johnny's dead." Pony quietly cried.

I wasn't sure what to feel or what to do. I felt a whole ton of emotions all at once. I was frustrated, disturbed, and full of doubt... Johnny was dead. "Told him about beating the socs," Pony went on to say, "I don't know. He just died." He said. Ponyboy accidentally bumped into me, making drop the aid kit. I go down to pick it up and he then attempts to kneel down to help me, "Where's Dally?" I nervously ask, "Dally's gone, he couldn't take it. He's gonna blow!" He says, crying even louder.

I felt everyones eyes turn to me. I placed the rest of the kit onto the table and rushed towards the door, "Where you going?" Steve questioned. I grabbed my coat from the couch, "I'm gonna go find Dally." I replied. He scoffed, "Are you serious? You can't do that!" Steve said, "Well I've got to try. I'll see y'all later." I rushed out the door and paced down the porch steps. I felt panic like I've never before.

~Soda's pov~
We all stared outside the window, "She ain't gonna make it in time." I say, "By the time she finds Dally, he'll be in jail or dead!" Darry, out of fear, smacked the back of my head, "You shut your mouth!" He quivered. Two-bit stood up from the couch, "He's right, Dar. Riz ain't gonna find him in time." The phone started to ring and Darry ran over to pick it up...

(Before the phone call...)
~Dally's pov~
I stumble into an empty grocery store. Processing what was going on around me. I was in pain from the rumble but felt completely numb when I thought about Johnny. I blindly flipped through magazine pages, not even focusing what it was about.