𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 27

The sun peaked through the window and the brightness of it flashed my eyes. I rub them and let out a big yawn. I turn over, I was in bed alone. Where's Dally? I get up and check the bathroom, he wasn't in there. I shrugged my shoulders, maybe he's out getting breakfast? I thought to myself.

I slipped on a pair of socks and wrapped myself in my robe. I swung open the door and went down the stairs. Buck came out of his room in his boxer's and his under tee. I cocked an eyebrow as a disgust look appeared on my face. "Put some pants on, nobody wants to see that" I shouted to him. He turned his head, giving me an annoyed look, "Shut it broad. My heads killing me and your loud mouth ain't making it any better" Buck said. I scoffed and rolled my eyes at him. As I go out to get the paper I ask, "Do you know where Dally is?".

He rubbed one of his temples, "Uhh yeah like an hour ago, he said he had to go out and run an errand" Buck said. I nodded my head and Buck went back into his room. I came back inside and sat down to read the paper.

In bold letters, the paper said, "BOY KILLED IN PARK"

My eyes went wide, I get off of my chair and put a hand up to my mouth.

    WANTED FOR MURDER:
JOHNATHAN CADE

This couldn't be true. I was with Johnny last night! How could he possibly have killed a kid? Johnny was too innocent, they got the wrong person. I grabbed the paper and ran up the stairs.

Half an hour later...

Still no sign of Dally. I was starting to get worried, where could he be and what could he possibly be doing? The door opens, Dally walks in with a brown paper bag in one hand and two milkshakes in the other. He had a big smile on his face. "Good morning doll, how'd you sleep?" he asked me, kissing my forehead. "Pretty good, where'd you go? I woke up and you were gone". He walked over with the paper bag, "Okay, you caught me," he said. I furrowed my eyebrows. He smirked at me, "I was out getting us breakfast" he said. Dally pulled out two containers with pancakes and another container with bacon. Then he laid the breakfast on the bed. "For half an hour?" I asked him concerned.

"You're right, there's something else" He said. He deeply sighed, he then opens up his denim jacket and pulls something out of it. He unraveled it and lifted it up higher for me to see, it was a tiny onesie. I gasped and brightly smiled, "Awwe, it's so tiny!" I squeal. "Yeah, I know right? I was at the store picking up some cigarettes and I saw this tiny thing. I mean something this small can't be that terrifying, right?" he glanced over to me. "Awwe Dally, you've gone soft!" I swallowed him up into a hug. He chuckled and then pushed back, "Listen doll, don't ever call me soft, alright?" Dallas said.

***

Dally and I were halfway through breakfast, "So what would we name it if it was a girl?" Dally asks me. I look back up at him, "Well I don't know, what about Maria?" I said. Dally scrunched his nose and cocked an eyebrow at me, "Maria? You know how many girls are named 'Maria'? What about something unique?" He suggested. He was right, I knew a lot of Maria's back in Kansas. "Give me an example of a unique name" I said. "Okay, what about Layla?" Dally said, as he grabbed a piece of bacon from the tray. "I actually really like that name, where'd you come up with that?" I giggled.

Dally rolled his eyes at me, "I just heard it somewhere". I smiled at him.

After we cleaned up our breakfast, Dally went to sit back down to smoke a cigarette. I turned my body towards him and pulled the newspaper out of the pocket of my robe. I once again read the part where Johnny is wanted for murder. I walk up closer to him, "Do you know anything about this?" I held the paper up to his face. His eyes went wide and he got up from the bed to walk across the other side of the room. He took the cigarette out of his mouth, "Um yeah kinda" Dally quietly speaks out. "What do you mean?" I asked. "The cops might've stopped me after I went to get us breakfast" Dally said to me.