𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 20

~Dally's POV~
I stomped my way down the stairs, Buck was playing a round of pool with one of Tim Shepard's gang members. I went behind the bar counter and took out a ton of booze bottles, rattling and clinking the bottles together brought up Buck's attention, "What the hell do you think you're doin, Winston?" he calls over.

I look up as I see Buck making his way over here, "Ain't any of your business, man" I say grabbing another bottle, "Hell it is, I pay for all this god damn booze" Buck yells. I roll my eyes, "Don't worry, I'll pay you back" I said. He goes back to his round of pool and I head out the door.

I drove around all over the town, I raised the volume of my radio and took a big swig of Buck's cheapest whiskey, tasted like shit but as long it was going to get me drunk, I was gonna keep drinking it. I drove past the convenience store. The same one we stopped at the night we shoplifted from those crappy employees. That was sure a night....

Me: "Um I saw what you did back there, pretty impressive"
Riz: "Mmh that was nothin, but thanks"
Me: "You're not that bad Johnson, not bad"
Riz: "You're not that bad yourself, Winston"

I remember Riz's face, smiling like a complete idiot. She tried to play it off cool, but it came off the total opposite. I knew she was gonna win me over. I've went totally soft for her, I'm Dallas Winston I don't get soft. Riz's reaction before I left appeared in my mind, her tears leaving marks down her face and her eyes beat red, full of pain. And it's all my fault because I was the cause of the pain she was going through, I yelled at her like Johnny's Dad would yell at him.

She might not have the same bruises and scars like the kind Johnny's Dad would leave on Johnnycakes body, but any kind of anger I've revealed only left a scar on her heart. I'm not fit to have a kid nor is she, i don't want to raise a family in this environment. An environment with knives, bullets, and guns but I don't want to lose Riz either. I chugged down the rest of the whiskey and opened a bottle of beer. I pull over and wobbled out of the car.

Empty bottles were rolling out of the car and onto the ground. I slammed the door behind me, and roamed around towards the vacant lot. I felt like Two-bit all boozed up like this, I tripped over a rock and landed face first. As I attempted to get back up, I realize a grass stain on my shirt. I lean myself up against a tree and tried to take my shirt off.

I hear a car door loudly shut and a blurry like figure walked and reached over to me, "Dally?" the voice called out to me. I squinted my eyes to see who it was, "Darry?" I said, "Yeah kid it's me, are you drunk?" he asks. I shook my head, "No" I lied. He reaches over for my arm and I push him away, "Don't touch me, man" I said.

"Dally, can you please just come back to my place?" He pleads. I shrug and let out a breath, "Whatever" I said giving in. I walked away from the tree and bent over to grab the empty bottle I dropped before, but Darry caught me from the back of my jacket and held onto it tightly, "Leave it alone, Dal" he says.

So instead, I kicked the bottle and watch the tip of my boot crack it into a bunch of pieces, "Great, an easier way to let kids get hurt" Darry mumbles to himself. Darry throws me into the passenger seat, "What are you doing drunk in the lot?" Darry asks, "Is everything alright?"

I chose to ignore Darry's question. So he says it again, "Dally you better answer me!" he yells, "What were you doing drunk in the lot?"

"Why you want to know so bad?!" I shout. Darry takes a turn, "I can hide you from the cops, give you money so you're able to survive, and you can't answer one simple question?" Darry yells even louder, "It's Riz, alright?" I say. Darry calms himself down, "What about Riz?" He asks. I sighed, "... She's pregnant, with my kid" I quietly set forth.

Darry stops the car, pulls over, and glances over at me, "Pregnant?" He then rubs his face with his hands, "I wasn't expecting you to say that, Dal" Darry says, "I wasn't expecting it either, I'm such a fucking idiot." I cried out. I never asked anyone for advice before because I didn't care as much, but something huge as this... I needed some advice.

"What do I do, Dar?" I asked. Darry shook his head to himself, "Well, what does she want to do?" I cleared my throat, "I think she wants to keep it" I reply, "Does she really think y'all can handle that type of responsibility?" Darry wonders. I shrug, "I guess so, you know Riz," I started off, "That girl believes anything is possible" I scoffed.

"Do you care about her?" Darry asks. I look over at him, "What do you mean?" I say, "Do you care about her, Dal?" I push myself up against the seat and sunk into it, "Yes" I said. He places a hand on my shoulder, "It ain't gonna be easy but go for it, man I believe in you." He smiles.

I face away from him and out the window, imagining myself with a kid. I tried not to think about the negatives as much. Having a kid of my own? I'd give everything I have and I wouldn't abandon my family. Maybe this was my chance to do better? I remember the late nights my pops would come home wasted and my folks would scream at each other until the next morning. That's not what I want for my kid, I want to give them the one of the many things I desperately needed.

Woooowwwww 20 chapters, can't believe it.

Please keep reading and I hope y'all had a good day :)

Stay gold and do it for Johnny

Xoxoxo