𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 24

WARNING: VERY LONG
CHAPTER

thank you ;)

While leaving the drive in, I felt someone's present behind me, like they were trying to catch up to me. I whipped myself around, facing behind me, it was Dally.

"Riz, what you did back there
was—"
"I know horrible, unreasonable, terrible thing for me to do" I shouted, I didn't mean to get pissed at him, but I just did.

"Uh no, I was going to say awesome" he smiled. "Oh please that's nothing, I got myself outta being slaughtered by your ex girlfriend the other week, remember that?" I joked around to Dallas.

"Listen, I'm just done taking people's shit, especially her's because of the torture she used to put me through in the past" I pointed to the theater doors, gesturing to Cherry Valance. "Well let's hope we never have to run into her again" Dally said.

"So where were you even planning to take off, huh?" Dally questioned. "I need to go to Bucks and change because i'm meeting Soda and Steve at the drag race that's going on tonight, I can't go while smelling like hot popcorn and a cup of coke"

"Well then i'll take you to Bucks, I ain't letting you walk on these streets on yer lonesome now" Dally said grabbing my hand and holding it tight.

***Ponyboy's pov***

Dal went after Riz after she poured coke on Cherry and stormed off which left Two-bit, Johnny and I, and the girls. Cherry was trying to get the coke out of her hair, I handed her some napkins. She looked at Johnny and I with bold eyes, her makeup dripping off her face and ringing out her hair with a bunch of napkins, she honestly still looked pretty. But whatever she did to Riz I don't like her for.

She spoke up, "Why do you boys hang out with Dallas Winston and that broad Riz Johnson that made a mess of me?"

Me standing up for my friends, I said, "Dally's my buddy and Riz, she ain't like other girls, she's better" Johnny nodded his head, agreeing with me.

"You look like a raccoon, socy" Two-bit joked while playing with his comb. Marcia tried to hide her smile, it was obvious that she digs Two and I think he digs her too.

It was getting colder and colder by the second, Two-bit decided to walk the girls home before Cherry caught a cold (since she was still pretty wet from the coke). Marcia had Two-bit's leather jacket on and Cherry was wearing Johnny's denim, I would've gave Cherry my jacket if I brought one with me. Stupid me forgot.

"So tell me about your oldest brother, you never seem to talk about him" Cherry asked.

Cherry and I were in our own world, talking about whatever. She doesn't seem like how she was acting before, mean and bitchy. I guess that was her way of trying to fit in.

"What's to tell? He's big and roofs houses" I said slouching back on the fence and lighting a cigarette.

"No really, I mean what's he like? I feel like I know Soda for as much as you talk about him. Tell me about Darry, is he wild and reckless like Soda? Or dreamy like you?" she asked.

I just remembered Darry's cold eyes and went off, "He ain't like Soda and he sure ain't like me!" I said, "He can't stand me!". I walked further away from Cherry and Johnny, there eyes following my direction.

"I bet he wishes he could stick me in some boys home but Soda wouldn't let him"

Two-bit made his way over to us, with a confused look on his face, "What are you talking about Ponyboy?"

"Yeah you all get along just fine" Johnny chimed in. "No we don't, and you just shut yer trap Johnny Cade cause you ain't wanted at home either"

Two-bit smacked me on the back of the head, "You shut yer mouth, kid."