𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 29

Steve's eyes went bold and his mouth slightly dropped. He stood there for a couple of seconds, speechless and motionless. Dally and I weren't sure what to do, so we just waited for him to say something. Steve finally spoke up, "Pregnant?!" he loudly shouts to Dally and I. "Please please don't freak out, Steve" I begged. He gets in my face, "Are you stupid, Riz?!" Steve screams, "You are only 16 years old!!" he says.

My eyes got sad and watery. Dally grasped onto my shoulders and pulled me away from Steve. Dally then got in front of me, "Steve, I know how you are probably feeling right now, man. I get it, but you need to be helping us out here and not tell anyone till we are ready to" Dally says to Steve. Out of anger, Steve pushes Dally away from him. Making Dally fall back and push me down onto the ground.

A sharp pain formed on the side of my body, making me ache. Dally grabs onto my arm and pulls me up from the ground. I could tell he was angry but he kept the anger inside. Dally sighs to himself, "You need to chill out Steve" Dally says with a slightly raised voice. Steve continuously walks around in a circle. I knew he would react this way.

Steve then walks over to me, "Alright I'll keep my mouth shut about this for you and Dal's sake, just be super careful" he says in a rough toned voice. I nodded my head to Steve and thanked him. he rubbed the sweat off his face and rested his hands on his hips, "Does anybody else know?" he questions. "Yeah only Darry and Soda know" Dally replies. I turn my head over, realizing what Dally just did. Steve scoffs, "Sodapop knows?" he sadly says. Dally smacks his forehead and finally comprehends what came out of his mouth.

"Steve, Darry and Soda kinda just found out" I explain to him. "How'd they find out?" he asks. "The day I told Dally I was pregnant, Darry found him in the vacant lot wasted. Darry took Dally home and on the way, Dally just blurted it out to him. Sodapop found out the same day".

Steve couldn't believe what he was hearing. The appearance on his face made me feel so guilty. None of us didn't really know what to say. "Steve, just before you got here we were gonna get something to eat. Would you like to come with us?" I asked Steve. He couldn't even look at me. Without making any eye contact, Steve said, "Nah, I'm meeting up with Evie soon anyways. So I should get going now". Without a goodbye, Steve just left Buck's.

Dally and I both felt utterly guilty.

***
Dally and I just ate in silence. What happened back at Buck's was rough. I hated lying to Steve, but this was something I wasn't ready to tell him yet. No matter when I explained to Steve that I was pregnant, he would have reacted the same way. I'm just sorta glad I told him now instead of waiting a bit longer or coming out and saying it to Steve at a really bad time. He will eventually accept the fact that this is real life and that this is actually happening.

Dally spoke up, "Riz" he called out. I nodded my head as I stuffed a few french fries in my mouth. "Don't stress about Steve. He's just a little freaked right now. One day he will be cool about all this, alright doll?" Dally said, he knew exactly what was on my mind. I smiled at Dal, "I know. I just never kept anything from Steve before, I'm so used to telling him everything. Keeping this away from him was really hard for me" I explained.

"Yeah, I know. But we'll be okay" Dally said. I glanced over beside me, it was Two-bit fooling around with two girls in the booth across from Dally and I. The girls Two-bit were with, looked ticked off at Two-bit. So just to help them out a bit girl to girl and since Two-bit was one of my pals, I decided to call him over. I started waving my hand around and lightly shouted Two-bit's name. Two-bit caught my attention and jumped outta the booth, "Hey Riz!!" he hollered. Dally rolled his eyes and chuckled.

He strut over to my booth and sat next to me. He swung an arm around me and stole a few fries from my plate. I turn my head towards Two-bit, "Hey, those were mine!" I shouted to Two. Two-bit playfully giggled, "Aww shut it, it was just a few" he said.