𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 34

Cherry spent the rest of the night. She was too nervous to go home and having to face her parents while they ask her millions of questions. I kept thinking about what Cherry said about Dally....

Dally was too hard shelled and put away all of his feels. Even if he did love me, he would never say it. It would take a lot to get it out of him, even if that. When morning came around, I woke up super early to leave for work. Cherry was still sleeping but I just decided to leave her there, she had a rough night.

Steve was outside and just sitting on one of the steps. "Good morning" I said to him. He turned his head over towards me and glanced up, "You mean that?". I giggled to myself, "I'm sorry I was such a jerk to you last night, Steve" I apologized. Steve let's out a big breath, "Don't worry about it. I know you're being put under a lot of stress lately and I'm not gonna add onto it. If you need me, you come to me" Steve says.

I smile and head to work. Soda gotten there earlier than me, when I arrived at work he just stood around like he was waiting around for me or something. I notice how he was continuously kept biting his fingernails, maybe a sign of anxiousness? As I walk up closer to Soda, he quickly rises his head up with a relieved grin. I glanced around confusingly at first and grinned back at him, "How you feeling, buddy?" I asked. He frisked over and grabbed onto my arm to pull me inside, "Now about the rumble that's going to be Greasers vs. Soc—" I cut Soda off "—The rumble? You aren't gonna go...right?" my voice got low and faint, we already had enough going on and a rumble added on top of that? What would that even turn into?

"Of course I am gonna go, Riz. I've been waiting for this moment and I'm gonna give them what they truly deserve" An angry side of Soda started to peek from when he hit the words "What they truly deserve". The harshness in his tone made me realize this rumble is going to be mostly important to Soda. The pent up anger inside, the cruelty, and the pain started to crack its way through Soda and slowly ripping him apart. Everything hit him hard, of course Soda being the happy positive person he is made everyone else calm down but our pressure and anxiety only added onto his.

I rest a hand on Sodapop's shoulder, "You're right, I apologize. I know how important it is going to be for all of y'all, especially for you... So I say you go out there and show them what you're worth". Just when I thought that conversation was over, I began to turn away from Soda. But just as I was, Soda pulls my arm closer and pulls me in for a kiss. After my lips touched his, I take myself away from his grip and (as a reaction and instinct) slap him across the face. I quickly put my hands on my mouth and gasp, "Oh my god, I am so sorry!". Soda rubbed his cheek with slight aggression, I smacked him so hard it left a red mark on the side of his face. Like I just smeared ten pounds of rouge on his face.

I lift his chin to direct towards me, "Soda, I can't believe I just slapped you like that. I-It kinda just happened there" I awkwardly said to Soda. "Uh don't worry about it, I'll be good" he sadly looks over at me and I just melted into a puddle of guilt. I felt like an idiot. He comes back with an ice pack against his face and takes a seat on the stool at the register. "Why did you kiss me?" I ask Soda as I nervously played with my fingers. "I don't know why, it was just a stupid mistake. Let's just pretend it never happened and please do not tell Dally about this". I look up at Soda with confusion, "Just pretend like nothing happened? You clearly wanted to kiss me for some reason" I said as my voice slightly escalated.

Soda banged the ice pack down on the checkout table and hopped off the stool, "Well if I can pretend so can you" he says. I scoff and cross my arms, "Soda, What are you talking about?" I ask. He deeply breathes, "I've been thinking about you and us a lot and what you mean to me. I love Dallas, he's like a brother to me and I would never do anything to hurt him. But I can't believe with my own damn bad luck that you fell for him first!" He shouts. I take a step back as I processed it in, "Y-You have feelings for me?" I come out to say.