Chapter 25

"So I suggest we use brute force against them. And it's necessary we strike back now. I've already sent one of my men to scout all the information on A.R.G.U.S.'s locations."

With night having made its descent upon the city, the only source of illumination in the limo were the cascading rays of the lamp posts and the cool blue string of lights that outlined the mini-bar and stretched along the ceiling. Although it was bright enough inside the vehicle that its occupants could be seen by strangers outside, Zalgo had customized the limo's windows in such a way that passengers could see their surroundings but potential onlookers would be prohibited from seeing what or who the limo contained.

Although the exterior of the limousine was eye-catching enough already, it was nothing compared to what was inside. Not only was there a mini-bar but there was also a TV, a jukebox, a pole, a floor that changed colors at Zalgo's demand, and many more accessories. It hit all the expectations of a little kid's dream and was like a grown man's toy.

However, The Operator never understood Zalgo's obsession with luxurious limousines. He considered them too extravagant for someone who ought to be low-profile.

Though The Operator did consider the limo to be too much for his taste, it worked well as a spacious meeting place where they didn't have to worry about unwanted people spying on them.

And for this reason, The Operator chose the ride as the best opportunity to tell Zalgo about A.R.G.U.S.

Inside the limo were seats that lined along the car, curved into a "U-shape". Zalgo sat at the back where the bottom of the 'U' would be, and The Operator sat at his right, the mini-bar right next to him. Along with them were two succubi who worked at Offender's Red Roses, both sitting on each side of Nezperdian Hive Mind's leader.

"And I assume you'll tell this to the others?" said Zalgo, arms wrapped around each of the two demon ladies curled on his lap.

Pouring himself some wine, The Operator answered. "Yes. Skin-Taker and Sirenhead will be informed as well."

Zalgo peered at The Operator with inquisitive eyes, the eye on the back of his hand also staring at him through a narrowed slit. Zalgo hummed. "Are you sure you're not doing this out of emotion?"

"Of course," replied The Operator—too quickly that he came across as defensive. He tried to save himself by saying, "They came too far this time. They tried to prove that we can be stopped and in this case, quick, effective retribution is necessary."

Fortunately, Zalgo agreed and didn't seem to think anything of The Operator's haste reply. "I have heard A.R.G.U.S. is an organization that one wouldn't want as their enemy. Rumors say that they have ties to the S.C.P. Foundation but as rumors go, they are founded on nothing but mere speculation. It's all pure bullshit."

"I find it unbelievable that an organization such as them would be considered that powerful," The Operator commented, sipping on some wine.

"It's the complete opposite, Slender. They are considered to be like us. Criminals who don't play by the rules and would do anything to win the game. However, they have a fatal flaw as well."

"Which is?" inquired The Operator as the vehicle crossed over a road bump.

Zalgo smirked. "They're all human. Every last one of them."

"Ah." The Operator set his wine-glass onto the mini-bar, leaned back into the fine leather, and crossed his arms. "So you believe they're weak."