Chapter eleven

Jackson Hart

I was laying on the bathroom floor shaking. I'd lost track of time and had no idea what day it was. My mind was foggy and everything seemed blurred to me. I was hungry, but I knew if I ate something I would only throw it up again. I faintly heard somebody knocking on the motel door in the distance and then a crash.

"Jake why aren't you answering the door, when I'm knocking. You're so paying for the part I just broke" Her steps was getting closer. 

"Jake?" She called out, but I hadn't got the energy to answer. She finally found me and dropped to her knees beside me. 

"Stupid boy, why didn't you tell me you were already wolfsick?"

"Hi Leslie" I whispered and tried to force on a little smile. She put her hand on my forehead.

"You're burning up, I need to get your temperature down" She tried to move me into the bathtub and after a few attempts she succeeded. She turned on the cold water which slowly filled bathtub. I was starting to feel better.

"What day is it?" I asked after regaining some of my strength. 

"You don't even know what day it is? Gosh then you're worse shape than I thought. It's Friday and we're going to the carnival with Alexa. You have to break the bond with her soon"

"And I will. The bond isn't sealed, so you have nothing to worry about Leslie. When I'm only bonded to her the worst that can happen is that I'm feeling ill. If the bond was sealed then I could die from the illness"

"Hmf.." She snorted. "I've by the way talked to Caroline and she agreed to be your mate"

"Can we talk about it later? Right now I've got to get through this carnival thing"

When we arrived Alexa and Jeremy were already waiting for os at the entrance. They quickly spotted us. Alexa started waving and Jeremy put his arm around her waste, dragging her closer. There was already a small rage starting to boil inside at the sight of this. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. She belonged with him. Even if I wanted her and needed her, she wasn't mine to keep. She didn't belong in my world.

We said hello and I introduced them to Leslie before we went in. The travelling carnival was big, like really big. It was filled with food stalls, rides, music, performers, and other small stalls. I watched Alexa as she looked around, amazed by the carnival. She was wearing highwaisted blue jeans and a white crop top with laces around the edges. Her long light brown hair was loose and gleaming as the sunshine hit it. 

Out of the corner of my eye I could feel Jeremy glaring at me as he noticed me admiring Alexa. I smirked, not on purpose, but because of Jeremy thinking I was a threat. I knew he could make her happy.

"See they have cotton candy!" Alexa bursted out. She grabbed Jeremy's hand and dragged him to the stall. 

"I see why you like her so much, she's cute" Leslie laughed.

"Shut it" I hissed,  gave her a small playful nudge.

We went over to Alexa and Jeremy at the stall. She had chosen a pink cotton candy that the girl in the stall was making for her.

"Here you go" The girl handed the cotton candy to Alexa. "It will be 6 dollars"

Jeremy fumbled around looking for his wallet. Apparently it wasn't in his jeans or in the pockets of his cardigan. You had got to be kidding me. I pulled a 10 dollar bill out of my pocket and handed it to the girl in the stall.