Chapter seven

Alexandra Watson

I was sitting on my window sofa, looking out at the garden. It was the middle of spring. Since the night I went out with Astrid, had I only caught a few glances at my wolf in woods. I hadn't seen him for weeks now, I wondered where he went.

I never called the guy, Jake, who followed me home. He reminded me of that awful night and about what Tristan almost did to me. But luckily for me, I didn't remember much. I remember dancing in the club, being in the ally with Tristan, but not the details, Jake that pushed him away, and saying goodbye to Jake. But nothing more than that. To be honest, I really didn't want to remember more. If I called Jake, he might tell me other regretful things that happened, and I didn't need that. So I decided to forget about Jake and that night. Erase it from my memory and get on with my life. It was better to pretend it never happened. That was also the reason why I called Jeremy and finally found a day, where we could go on a date.

And that was today.. I had already picked out my outfit: a black pair of high waisted jeans and a blue top with long balloon sleeves made out of satin. I had paired it with a black pair of high heels and a black trench coat. My hair was straight and I only put on a little bit of mascara. I didn't want to overdo it.

I watched as Jeremy drove up the driveway, and when he honked the horn to signal he was here, I started to walk down the stairs. I walked into the kitchen, where I found my mom.

"I'm gonna go now" I said with a little smile.

"I hope you guys have so much fun! I'm so excited for you!" she kissed me on the cheek and started to guide me towards the door.

"Don't keep him waiting" she said as she opened the door.

I walked out and took a deep breath. The air was still cold in the mid spring, but you could smell how everything started to come to life. The trees started to go green and the animals started to peep out from the forest. The sun was finally coming out between the clouds. I loved sunshine, it made me feel happy and content.

I got into Jeremy's car and waited for him to say something, but he didn't. He just sad there. Starring at me.

"Hi" I said, trying to start a conversation.

"Woaw... You look.. I mean.. You look nice" he said blushing. I looked down and tucked my hair behind my ear.

"Thanks, Jer"

Most of the way Jeremy was just talking about his school and football. I kept feeling a little bit strange about going out with Jeremy. I tried to convince myself, that I was nervous and excited. But it felt more like something was wrong.

Jeremy looked at me, like he awaited my answer. He had asked me something and I didn't hear it again. Gosh I'm such a bad friend.

"Hmm..?"

"I asked you if you are excited to be done with high school?" He said and laughed at me.

"I don't really feel like it's such a big thing, when I'm home schooled. I don't even know if I want to go to college. You know because of my mom being overprotective and all"

"Yeah I know.. I wish you would go to the same college as me" he said while looking a bit sad.

"Maybe I.."