Chapter 3

Oklahoma  Bishop's place

Bishop and Nick were celebrating their Christmas at her place. They were having dinner with Bishop's family. Torres was feeling a little uncomfortable because Bishop's brothers were staring at him.

"Mmm... Ellie! Why are they staring at me?" Nick asked Bishop with a big fake smile.

"Hey, C'mon on guys stop doing that!" Bishop said.

"C'mon Ellie, we are just ...." Her elder brother George said.

"What! Trying to make him nervous?" She said.

"Hey, man... who said I'm nervous. I'm just a bit uncomfortable." Nick said.

"Stop boys! Nick is our guest behave nicely." Bishop's mom said.

"We are always nice." All three of them said together. Their mom just shook her head.

"So... agent Nick..."

"Oh...please call me Nick, ma'am," Nick replied as he takes a sip from his wine glass. Bishop just smiled.

"Okay, so Nick... who else is in your family?" Bishop's mom asked him. That question makes Torres more uncomfortable.

"Aah... my elder sister ma'am. She's the only family I have left."

"Why? What about your parents?"

"Hmm... Ellie. Need your help." Nick whispered.

"The food is a really good mom. Good. What do you say Nick.?" Bishop tried to change the topic.

"Oh... yeah. This is the best food I've ever had in my life. I mean my sister used to cook for me, she's a great cook. But your food is very delicious." Nick said.

"Thank you, Nick, but where's your sister now?" Bishop's mom asked again.

"Mom... stop! Why are you keep asking him about his family?" Bishop's getting frustrated by her mother's questions.

"Oh... okay. We are not in touch after her husband died because of me. I mean I was working undercover and bad guys figure it out that I... I'm a federal agent.

And they went after my family so... they attacked my sister but she survived the crash but her husband died in that accident." Nick replied with a heavy voice.

"Oh... I am sorry Nick." Bishop's mom said. She was feeling bad for Nick.

"No worries I have my other family with whom I work every day. I got an elder brother like McGee, father like Gibbs and sister like..."

"Ellinor?" Bishop's brothers said.

"Kaise. Sister likes Kaise. Our forensic specialist. I and Ellie are just friends. Right, Ellie?" Nick said.

"Yeah, we're very good friends." They both looked at each other and smiled.

Then suddenly Nick's cellphone started ringing. He pulled out his cellphone and he was surprised it's McGee!

"Aah... excuse me guys, have to take this call." And he stood up and walked outside.

"Mom... guys!  What were you doing? I told you he didn't like to talk about his personal life."Bishop was pretty upset with her family.

"Ellinor, I'm just trying to make him comfortable. We didn't mean to hurt him." Her mom said.

"I know mom, you would not hurt anybody but Nick... he's the very complicated guy to understand. Even I don't know how to handle him. He's a very introverted type of guy." Bishop said.