Chapter 12

AT BETHESDA

When McGee arrived at the hospital, he saw Gibbs was sitting on the hospital bed. He was looking at the ring he is holding in his right hand and he was holding the icepack in his other hand. He put that ice pack on his head injury. His black suit and white shirt were covered with mud and the right side of his face was muddy too. McGee slowly walks towards Gibbs bed and asked him.

"What happened, Boss? Somebody called me and informed me that you get hurt. How did this happen? " He put his hand on Gibbs's shoulder. After a long pause, he replied.

"We are wasting time in here. Get me out of here McGee!"

"But..." He stops in the middle of his sentence when Gibbs glare at him.

"Are you taking me or I will call the cab and walk out of here by myself?" Gibbs said as he stood up.

"Okay, there's no need to call a cab. I will take you to your place." McGee said.

"We are NOT going at my place, McGee!" Gibbs was very angry right now.

"Fine, but at least tell me where you want to go? To not your place than where you want to go? Sloane's place? Where is she by the way? Was she with you when this happened? Answer me, Boss, because I know you were going to take her for dinner." McGee was started getting frustrated because Gibbs was not telling him everything. He knows something happened.

"Call Torres and Bishop and tell them to get their ass back to the NCIS and tell them we will meet them there. C'mon, we have no time to waste." Gibbs put that ring back in his pocket and threw that ice pack on the bed and walk out of the room. He heard that nurse was calling his name but he didn't look back.

"They are on protection details Boss!" McGee said loudly.

"Tell other agents to do that job," Gibbs answered without looking back at him.

"Boss... Hey, Boss! For God sake at least tell me what happened and where is Jack? Is she hurt too?" McGee asked him and ran after him. Gibbs walked towards the elevator without answering his questions.

"Boss! Please tell me what happened? You are frightening me." McGee said as he entered the elevator.

"Jack is kidnapped." Gibbs finally replies.

"WHAT! HOW? BY WHOM?"

"I DON'T KNOW, MCGEE! I DON'T KNOW." Gibbs shouted at him but after taking a deep breath he replied.

"After having dinner we were walking towards my car and suddenly one SUV came from nowhere and two men came out of the SUV and grabbed her. I fought back but one of them hit me with the butt of the gun and knock me out. And when I woke up I found myself in here."

There was a strong and tense silence in the elevator. Gibbs slammed his hand on the wall in disappointment. McGee put his hand on Gibbs's shoulder.

"We will find her, Boss. We will find her." McGee said in a painful voice. When Gibbs turned around he was shocked. He saw tears in his eyes.

"Boss..."

"The dress she was wearing, I gifted her. I proposed to her, Tim. And she said YES. She was so happy and I failed her." Gibbs was so upset about what happened. He was feeling guilty about what happened to Jack.

"Call Kasie and tell her to put the BOLO on that SUV. I don't know how but find that TIN-CAN!" Gibbs barked orders at him.

"If that restaurant has CCTV cameras then yes, it is possible to find that TIN-CAN I mean the SUV," McGee replied and called Kaise and tell her to find that SUV. He was glad that she was still at the NCIS because she was working on that drug pipeline case.