Chapter 11

Gibbs was happy because he was cleared to go back to his job. And it was his first day after a long time at NCIS. He and Sloane were having breakfast and then his cellphone started ringing. It was Vance.

"Yeah, Gibbs." He said as he answered the call.

"Gibbs, I know it's your first day but you have to come here ASAP. It's hard to explain on the phone so I can't tell you anything right now."

"Woah...Leon is easy. I'm on my way. Meet you there." Gibbs put the cellphone on the table and pick up the cereal bowl and walk toward the kitchen and drink his coffee in one big sip.

He has no idea what Vance was talking about. He decides to drop Sloane at her place. She told him that her friend from the hospital wanted to meet her and she needed some better clothes so she agreed with Gibbs and decides to go to her place and then she will join Gibbs at the NCIS. Gibbs met that friend once when he was in the hospital.

"So, what did Leon said?" Sloane asked.

"Nothing. He just told me that he wants to see me at NCIS ASAP. Didn't say why." Gibbs said as he was driving his truck.

"What's in your mind, Gibbs?" Jack asked.

"Leon sounds very tensed on the call. And that's not a good sign." Gibbs answered.

"He always sounds tensed when he works under pressure. Might be he's having some issues with SecNev, Homeland or FBI. Who knows." Sloane said.

"Yeah, maybe. But having bad feelings about it." Gibbs said.

"Oh... the famous GUT of the Leroy Jethro Gibbs. What's it saying now?" She asked.

"Right now, I don't know. But something is not right. I can feel it." Gibbs said.

After long and tense silence Gibbs was the first who broke the silence. And he asked something to Sloane something.

"What are you doing tonight, Jack?" He asked hesitantly.

"Nothing. Why you got some plans?" She replied.

"Nah. If you are ok then would you like to have a... mmm dinner with me?" Gibbs asked without looking at her.

"Are you asking me for a date, Cowboy!" Sloane said as she punched his shoulder to tease him.

"So, it's a yes?" Gibbs said with his famous smirk.

"I didn't say that." She rolled her eyes and replied.

"You didn't say NO either," Gibbs said with a smile. She just gave him a smile with a blush.

"So it's YES. Okay, then I will pick you up from your place." Gibbs said as he accelerates the speed of his truck.

Gibbs dropped her at her place and start heading toward NCIS Headquarters. He is still having a feeling that something is wrong. When he reached the office and he gets out of the elevator. He saw McGee was doing something on his computer and Bishop and Nick both were also busy with their work.

Nick was the first one who noticed Gibbs was coming out of the elevator and stopped at Bishop's desk and watching them doing their work.

"Yo, Gibbs! How are you, man?" Nick asked as he walked toward Gibbs and hug him.

"Hey! Welcome home, Gibbs." It was Bishop who was the next one who noticed Gibbs's presence. Gibbs smiled and hugs her too.

"It's good to have you back, Boss." McGee handshakes with Gibbs and Gibbs hug him.

"Good to be back. So...got any case?" Gibbs said as he put his sidearm and badge in the drawer.

"Yeah. We got a case and before I give you updates Director wants to see you." McGee informed him.