Chapter 9

Gibbs slowly opens his eyes and try to sit up. He clutches his ribs as pain ran through his abdomen. He shut tight his eyes. And trying to breathe normally. After few minutes he slowly opened his eyes. And look around but nobody was in the room.

"Jack!" Gibbs called her name. But she didn't show up.

"Hey, Jack!" He raised his voice this time.

"McGee! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?" This time he shouted. But he stops moving as pain ran through his body again!

After taking few deep breaths he decides to go outside and look for her on his own. He stood up staggeringly and started walking toward the door with the support of the wall.

There's nobody outside. He started walking in the corridor and started shouting McGee's and Sloane's names. He was started getting angry. Because he wanted to know where is Jack? And is she okay or not?

Then he slipped away and almost fell. He felt something wet and sticky on his right foot. He bent down and look at the floor closely because there was no light in the corridor. The only light was coming in the corridor was moonlight through the windows. He saw in horror there was blood on the floor. It was like someone being dragged who was bleeding badly.

He followed the track. He started walking downstairs and that blood trail stops in the middle of the hallway. He saw one figure was lying on the floor. He slowly made his way toward that bloodied figure. Whoever that person was lying on his face. Wait! It wasn't a male person. It's a woman. A woman. He was sure that whoever that person was is female.

Still feeling dizzy and Gibbs stopped in his tracks and leaned back against the wall. Trying to clear his eyes sight. After few moments he was feeling ok and started walking toward that person to help her.

"Ma'am! Are you okay? Ma'am!" Gibbs asked her.

He kneels next to her and checks for a pulse. There was a pulse but weak. That woman was almost dead, her body was ice cold. Gibbs closed his eyes. Then he turned around that body on her back to see her face.

But suddenly all lights were turned on automatically. And he shut his eyes as those lights hit his eyes. He groans loudly. And covered his eyes with his left hand.

"Argh..."

He blinked his eyes few times to set his eyesight. He saw three figures standing there.

"Who's there? McGee! Nick! Bishop! Is that you guys? She's injured badly. Need you to ID on her. It seems like someone attacked her! McGee! I'm talking to you!" Gibbs yelled at them.

He was getting frustrated with the situation. His whole body was aching. He needs some rest. He stood up slowly and walked toward them. He turned around that person and he almost fell when he saw that person's face.

"Something wrong Agent Gibbs," that person said and he punched Gibbs on his face. Gibbs hit the floor.

"Look what have you done! It was all your fault." That other man said as he kicked him in his stomach.

Gibbs double over in pain. He lay there for a moment and then he sat up. And look around and realized that he was in the warehouse again!

'How could this be possible? I and Jack were rescued by my team and REACT team. Or it was my other hallucination! But I killed him! Shot him five times. And these two were dead too. What the hell is wrong with me!' Gibbs was thinking.

He was confused. And weak he didn't know what is going on. Then suddenly something hit in his mind and he looked around toward that body. His eyes were wide open in fear and tears started falling from his eyes.