Firsts

Hermione awoke from her nap alone. There was a note on the pillow next to her.

     I hope you had a restful nap pet. You looked so peaceful and beautiful sleeping I didn't want to disturb you. I thought it would be best to let you relax this afternoon. I'll be making arrangements to have my things moved into the Manor and tie up some loose ends this afternoon at my house. One of the house elves has drawn a bath for you. It will be ready a few minutes after you wake. I've also left a book on the nightstand for you that I think you will enjoy. I want you to have some time to yourself, to collect your thoughts after our conversation this morning. I'd very much like it if you would join me on the terrace this evening for dinner. Six-o-clock.
                                                        -Severus

Hermione looked to the nightstand and found the book Severus had left for her.  There was also a sprig of jasmine poking out from the cover like a bookmark. Hermione picked up the flower and inhaled it. It was her favorite.  She picked up the book, it was the newest version of "The Witches Herbal Apothecary". Severus must have seen her old tattered copy that she'd easily had for 10 years. She pressed the book to her chest and brought the flower to her nose again. Hermione took her book and flower into the bathroom and just as he said there would be, a bath was drawn. Candles illuminated the windowless bathroom, jasmine flowers floated on top of the water and there was a little table next to the old claw foot tub with a plate of assorted berries, cherries, apple slices, and a butter croissant. There was also a carafe of water with sliced limes and strawberries floating in it. Hermione took her robe off and slipped beneath the water. She closed her eyes and let the thoughtfulness of Severus Snape wash over her. As she rested her head back a bright light appeared, she opened her eyes and saw what looked like tiny sparklers in the air just above the tub. Three beautifully carved soaps appeared. They were from Severus. She remembered seeing him carving soap he made once in his office at Hogwarts. The soaps landed on the bath tray that stretched across the tub. She picked each one up to inspect them. One smelled of honey and oranges, the next of vanilla, and the third was her favorite, jasmine.

As Hermione enjoyed her bath she couldn't help but dream about what this evening would have in store for her. She nibbled the croissant and a few of the cherries but her head was spinning and her heart felt full. How lucky she felt to have two men that took care of her. They meant everything to her.

Hermione spent the rest of the day reading the updated recipes and rituals in her new book. She also took a walk through the rose garden on the estate. The air was warm and the sun made her skin feel alive.

It was getting close to dinner time. Severus had not yet returned but she decided she should get ready. She wanted to find the perfect dress that Severus would like. Hermione wasn't one for lots of makeup but a little lipstick and mascara would brighten her face. She wanted to look pretty for Severus tonight. She swept her curls around her shoulder in a very loose ponytail tied with a thin pink ribbon. As she looked through her closet she found the perfect dress. It was purchased in Paris on a weekend getaway with Lucius. It was a blush colored floor length tulle evening dress, sleeveless, and crossed over one shoulder. There were delicate little bits of fabric sewn to the shoulder that trailed down to the waist and covered the skirt looking like little sheer flower petals. Hermione put a beautiful pair of white lace knickers on then pulled her dress over her head carefully as to not mess up her hair. She zipped the dress up the side then sat on the ottoman in her closet and put on her favorite pair of shoes, a sexy heel with a skinny ankle strap and a delicate row of tulle flowers across the toe. The shoes didn't match her dress but that was nothing she couldn't fix with a flick of her wand. While she was at it, a little magic toe and nail polish would set the look. Hermione looked at the clock on her dressing table. It was almost six. She dabbed a bit of perfume on her pulse points and took one last look in the mirror. She hoped Severus would like what he saw. Before she walked out she saw the sprig of jasmine from
Severus sitting on her dressing table. She'd carried it with her all day. She slid the sprig into the ribbon holding her hair. 'There.' She thought to herself.