it's a Bird, it's a cat, it's a shapeshifter reader x catra

(a not so long time ago, in somewhere that I'm too lazy to make up)

Child Y/n: hey mom, where are we going?

Y/n's mom: don't worry, you'll find out soon enough...

The young y/n and their mother wander outside of their village, and into a desert. Y/n is confused why they are going to the desert, but they will find out soon.

Eventually, y/n sees a scary lady with a mask, and horde soldiers standing guard.

Child Y/n: mom?

Scary looking lady: is this the child?

Y/n's mom: yes, taken him and give me my money.

Child y/n: but I don't want to go with her!

Y/n's mom: to bad, you have to.

Y/n is grabbed by the scary lady, and is forced into a truck. Y/n soon falls asleep after a few hours, hoping that this was a dream.

Horde soldier: get up, and follow me.

Y/n did as the man asked, and followed him to a room full of other kids.

Horde soldier: alright, listen up. From this point on, all of you will be a team until you finish training, so get along!

The soldier left the room, leaving confused children behind.

???: hey, I'm adora. What's your name?

Y/n: uh..y/n.

Adora: don't worry y/n, it's great here. You're gonna love it!

Overtime, the cadets became close to each other. Y/n, Lonnie, rogelio, adora and Kyle became really good friends. Y/n wants to make as much friends as possible.

                   Small Time skip

Kyle and y/n were playing a game of cat and mouse. y/n shapeshifted into a mouse, and Kyle was trying to catch him(you already know how this will end), until everyone else comes in.

Adora: hey guys

Catra: IS THAT A MOUSE!?

Catra lunged out at y/n, as they were shifting back into their regular form. Catra pounced on top of them, only to be surprised and embarrassed.

Y/n: uh.....hello there (General Kenobi)

Everyone starts laughing, making catra mad.

To summarize what happened, catra tried to kill y/n, and they both got in trouble.....a happy start to friendship.

                       Big time skip

Y/n pov:

Me and catra were looking for adora after she went missing. Since we got to ride a tank, I'll forgive her. Right now I'm trying to calm down catra.

Catra: I swear when we find her--

Y/n: We'll give her a hug!

Catra: no. We'll maybe but..

Y/n: you know you want to hug your girlfriend~

Catra: If you say that again, I will kill you.

I shape shift into an old man with a cane in his hand, and place a hand on my hip to further sell the bit.

Y/n: ahh, young love...

Catra: SHUT UP!

Y/n: you're not the one driving a tank, miss.

Catra: I am driving.

Y/n: oh..... wait, are those horde soldiers?

Catra: it's probably the attack that was planned today.

Y/n: and we are in a tank, correct?

Catra: oh I like how your thinking~

I then exit the tank so if we were caught, I could make the excuse that we were looking for adora there.

Eventually, I see catra. With adora. In excitement, I run up to them and hug adora.

Y/n: adora! I'm so glad you're okay!

Adora: hey y/n. Listen, the horde has been lying to us all, they're not good people...

Y/n: (quietly) what-

Catra: DUH!

We both look at catra surprised.

Catra: did you really not know?

Y/n: no...

Catra: look, it doesn't matter, as long as we have each other, well be fine.

Adora: I can't go back to the horde. Y/n, come with me, we can stop this!

Y/n: no....I won't.

Suddenly, a ball of light hits me, knocking me out.

______________________________________