chapter two

as you follow behind hotch you can practically feel spencer glaring at you from behind, but nonetheless you keep walking and take a seat across from his desk.

"take a seat" hotch says to spencer who reluctantly takes the seat next to you.

"i'm going to be brief because we have work to do. i get not everyone can get along but that doesn't mean you bring your problems to work. so you either sort out your differences or i'll forced to remove one of you from the team. you're both valuable assets to this team and it would effect us to remove on of you" he tells us sternly.

"do i make myself clear?" he asks.

"yes sir" we both mumble before i quickly leave his office, going down and grabbing my go bag as well as my purse.

i quickly go to the elevator and make my way to the jet, taking a seat next to emily.

"hey is everything okay?" she asks after seeing the bland look on my face,

"huh? o-oh yeah, everything's fine" i say, pulling out my book and reading.

i see spencer walk on the plane, soon followed by hotch. he gives me a dirty look before sitting across from rossi and sitting, next to morgan.

_

just before we land hotch gives us a quick brief over.

"alright i want rossi and reid to go the m.e, jj and morgan you're with me at the precinct setting and emily and y/l/n go to the latest crime scene, there should be detectives waiting there for you. we're landing in 5" he finishes off.

you're thankful he didn't put you with spencer because that wouldn't have ended well, especially after this morning.

once the planes landed you and emily hop in a suv and begin the drive to the crime scene.

"so what exactly happened in hotchs office?" she asks as she comes to a stop in front of the crime scene.

"uh he basically said we need to put our differences aside and get along or one of us will be forced to leave the team" you tell her as you crouch down in front of the latest victim, pulling on gloves.

everything's basically the same except for something stuck up the victims nose.

"excuse me do you have tweezers?" you ask the crime scene investigator who's packing up their equipment.

"yeah sure" he says as he passes you the tweezers.

you use the tweezers to pull out the tiny bit of paper out of the nostril, pulling it open and reading it.

"welcome agents" you read out to emily, looking back at her.

she gives a sigh knowing us being here is feeding into the unsubs sadistic ways.

"let's head back to the station" she says as you pull your gloves off and follow her to the car.

_
"what did you guys find?" rossi asks.

"this" i say as i hand over the small evidence bag containing the little letter found in the victims nose.

"this is feeding into his sadistic ways. let's deliver the profile" hotch says as he begins walking out to main area where all the officers are.

"could we have your attention please" he calls out.

"the unsub or unknown subject you're looking for is a male in his mid to late 30's, he's white and he won't stand out" derek begins, looking over to jj for her to go next.

"considering he's killed three women who look relatively similar we believe he's killing a surrogate, possibly an ex wife or fiancé, an ex girlfriend, a sister or even a mother" she adds.

"as said before he won't stand out so this means he isn't on any radars and he does not have a criminal record. this makes it harder but also easier to find him" says emily.

"we advise that this profile goes out on the news tonight and that anyone with a friend or relative who fits the description of the previous victims stays vigilant and reports any suspicious activity to us, thank you" you conclude the profile, ignoring the eye roll spencer gives you.

"agent y/l/n!" yells out one of the officers, catching your attention.

"yes?" you ask.

"i-i know now isn't exactly a good time to ask, but would you maybe wanna go out for a drink tonight?" he asks you.

you're stunned if you're being honest. it's not very often that guys randomly ask you to go out, especially if they barely know you. however this guy is cute and you're willing to go out for a drink, especially after the day you've had.

"yeah sure, let me get clearance from my unit chief first and then we can go" you tell him, walking over to hotch.

"hey uh, is it okay if i go with the officer over there? he wants to take me out for a drink" you explain.

"yeah sure, we're going to pack up here and head to the hotel anyway" he says.

"great, thanks hotch" with that you make your way to walk off, coming to a halt when you hear spencer scoff.

"is something wrong agent reid?" you address him by agent, knowing he hates it.

"you're seriously leaving the team to go out for drinks? what if we need you to come back incase another body turns up but you can't come because you're too wasted?" he pushes.

"seriously reid? grow up! unlike some, i know how to handle my alcohol" and with that you grab your jacket and walk over to the officer, heading to the bar.
_____________________________________
ooh yuh get it!

if there's any spelling errors i apologise! but other than that, i hope you enjoy and let me know how you guys are liking the story so far