chapter eighteen

you weren't ready for today. that's the one thing you knew for sure.

it was your dads court case, but not just for your moms death. this time it was for the murder of your mom, cat and cats mom, the attempted murder of you and the kidnapping of a federal agent. you were once again testifying against him, this time no one testifying for him. you also would have your team for support along with your pops. it was going to be better this time, you were going to win and he was going to go away for everything.

a soft knock on the door pulls your attention away from your reflection in the mirror, instead now looking at the door, seeing spencer hesitantly walk in.

"you look gorgeous" he tells you as he walks closer to you and hugs you from behind.

you're wearing a pair of lose fit black slacks, a nude turtle neck tucked into the waist band paired with a black blazer. you would've stuck with a pair of jeans but you have a meeting with strauss straight after court. you're sure she'd understand if you were to show up in sweats or not looking your best, but you know you should at least try.

"thanks, you do too" you tell. he's wearing a dark grey pair of dress pants, a light blue button down tucked in, a lighter grey sweater vest with a dark blue cardigan on top. this man and his layers.

"we should probably get going, the teams meeting is there and it starts in 20 minutes" spencer tells you, handing you your pre packed purse and leading the way out.

thanks to nearly empty roads, you guys have time to stop for a little quick breakfast and are able to still get there in time.

"are you ready for this?" asks derek. you know he was hesitant to ask, but you could tell everyone was dying to ask the same thing.

"not really, but him seeing my face before he gets locked up will give me some closure, to know that he knows he lost" you explain to them.

"closures good" jj agrees. she seems to be speaking from her own experience.

"we're starting" aiden peeks his head out of the court room, holding it open for you and your team to walk in.

"you guys go ahead, i'm waiting for my pops" you say, turning around to see him rushing in.

you give him a tight hug, feeling him return it back.

"let's do this" he says, following behind you into the court room.

you all file into a row, all somehow fitting. as the judge walks in and stands in front of his rightful place, he begins, "everyone please rise," he waits for everyone to stand before asking for everyone to be seated.

"court will now begin, case number 4720072. casey brown youre been held on serious charges, 3 counts of first degree murder, kidnapping and attempting murder on a federal agent- your own daughters" the judge seems shocked by his charges and who they're against.

your granddad looks over to you, shocked by the last 2 charges. you didn't tell him what happened to you, you didn't want to worry him especially with his age, stress like that could've caused any kind of heart problem and you'd hate to have been the cause of it. instead you just ignore eye contact and listen to the judge.

"i don't consider her my daughter" casey coldly says aloud for the whole court room to hear. everyone turns to you, expecting you to be effected by his words, but you're not. not even the slightest. you disregarded him as your father long before he disregarded you as his daughter.

the judge gives a nod of approval towards caseys lawyer, motioning for him to begin.

"we'd like to begin by asking special agent aaron hotchner to the stand" he calls out.