chapter ten

"so, tell me a little bit about yourself" spencer asks as he starts to eat his food, maintaining eye contact with you.

"well..." how are you meant to say this?

"m-my dad left at a young age... and i-i don't really see my mom that much" you lie to him.

i mean it isn't a whole lie...

"i'm sorry. if it makes you feel any better, my dad left me at a young age and i don't really see my mom that much either" he tells you, giving an apologetic smile.

"it's fine, work keeps me on my feet" you tell him, starting to eat your own food.

spencer ended up driving you to a new restaurant. it's quite fancy and very modern, you like it a lot.

"how are you liking the bau?" he asks you.

"i like it a lot. at first the cases were difficult and it took a while for me to get used to seeing the things we do, but in the end, finding the unsub makes it all worth it. seeing them getting what they deserve and getting the victims family justice, it makes the job worth it" you answer him.

he nods, agreeing with you as you both continue to eat. the food is good and this restaurant is really nice as well as having great service. the date is going well, the awkward talking stage ended a while ago and spencer seems like such a gentlemen behind his dick behaviour you were receiving.

you guys continue talking about other things before the bill gets brought around and spencer immediately pays for it, not even giving you a chance to suggest splitting the bill.

"hey!" you exclaim, a small laugh leaving your lips.

"i was going to suggest we split the bill, but i'm not one to complain... so thank you" you tell him, collecting your purse and following behind him as you guys leave.

"i like paying for things" he tells you as he subtlety reaches for your hand and holds it, his thumb running along your fingers.

you smile at the contact and make no effort to let go of his hand, following him.

"where are we going?" you ask as you start to walk down the lit up street.

"here" he says as he stops outside of a bowling alley, a 24 hour one to be exact.

"what?" you laugh, looking over at him.

"i'm not exactly in the appropriate clothing. my skirt will rise when i bowl" you joke around, involuntarily pulling down your skirt.

he takes off his blazer and hands it to you. you slip it on and notice how it's longer than your skirt - god he really is tall.

"there. now you won't flash anyone when you bowl" he jokes around with you.

you both make your way around everyone else to the desk and sign up, receiving your shoes and changing before claiming your area.

you change your shoes, admiring spencer's hands as he does the same.

you never noticed how nice he's hands were. they're bigger than yours, his long fingers at least 4cm longer than yours. his veins pop out nicely in general but they also standout when he's using his hands such as writing, holding his gun, tying his shoe laces...

"are you going to lace up your shoes or keep staring at my hands?" he teases as he stands up and looks at the different balls on the stand, choosing a black one.

you do in fact finish lacing your shoes and then pick your own ball, taking a dark blue one and standing next to spencer, watching as he bowls, knocking all pins down except 1.

he then goes again and misses the pin, turning around to you with an embarrassed look on his face.

you fake a gasp, placing your unoccupied hand on your chest, "is the genius not good at bowling?" you tease, pretending you don't see him giving you the finger.

you step up and take your shot at bowling, getting a strike and knocking all the pins down in one go.

you jump around and cheer, ignoring the annoyed looks from other players. you walk up to spencer and do a little celebratory dance in his face, jumping around with excitement.

"ok ok, we get it you're good at bowling" he says as he waits for you to go again before picking his own ball and having another go, surprisingly getting a strike.

"yes!" he exclaims as he jumps up and does his own victory dance in your face.

you smack his chest lightly, going for your turn.

_

"congratulations on winning" spencer says, a sad look on his face.

"aww it's okay genius, it's okay to lose sometimes" you joke around as you leave the bowling alley and walk back to spencers car.

this night has been so fun, he really did out do himself.

once you arrive back at your apartment, spencer walks you up and waits outside your door as you unlock it.

before you head inside, you turn to him.

"i had a really great time tonight. you really outdid yourself. so... thank you, and we should do this again" you say to him as you pick up his hand and mess around with his fingers.

"i had a great time too, and we definitely should do this again" he says as he takes his hand back and pulls you in for a sweet kiss.

"do you uh- do you want to come in for some wine?" you ask as you drag him inside, kicking your door closed as spencer reaches over you to lock it. you pull him into your bedroom, completely ignoring the alcohol cabinet in the kitchen and forgetting about the wine... in all honesty, you forgot about the wine as soon as his lips were on yours

"what about the wine?" he teases as he hovers over you on the bed.

"fuck it" you tell him, pulling him down for a passionate kiss.

you're not usually ome to have sex after the first date but you've known spencer for a while and you guys have already had sex, besides how could you resist having sex with him?
_____________________________________

first date!